IT.COM

Which Graphics/Image Editing software is a must have?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What Graphic/Image Editing software do you think someone should go with if they were getting their first?

And which one is a must have for you if you only had to choose one?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if you are getting your first and are learning on your own, i personal recommend paintshop pro. it is easy and straight to the point. i find it a good recommendation for beginners.

if i had one choice to only one it would be hands down, photoshop.

•••
I would also recommend Paint Shop Pro as a starting point.. It's easier to get the hang of and basically it is quite a good image program. That's what I started with, too. Then as he/she improves, he/she should get Photoshop/other more advanced programs.

•••
I personally disagree. I think photoshop is as easy to start out with as paint shop pro. If anything i still can't figure out paint shop pro's obnoxious interface. grrr>:(

•••
Well I'm horrible at graphics! lol ....... but I've had psp for quite a while although I hardly ever used it and I recently tried out photoshop and I'll have to say I liked it much better even as a non-creative no-talent beginner lol. B-)

•••
well, i learned on photoshop so im partial to it. but through the past couple of years of comparing both photoshop and paintshop pro, i believe in a personal stand point that it is easier to learn paintshop pro due to the fact it is in some ways more straight forward than photoshop.

its all about personal preference though.

•••
Of course, as I find most people forget to mention, is of course Macromedia's Fireworks, which interfaces with perfectly with Dreamweaver... A must for vector graphic development...

And its very easy to learn... Learn this first, and Photoshop will become a doddle:)

Trust me... forget Paint Shop Pro, especially if u want a graphics package for the web... its an amateurish package, hence the price tag... So dont waste ur money on it...

Photoshop is the industries standard imaging package, and if u have Adobe Image Ready... which is normally shipped with Photoshop... U have all u need.

I hope this gives u more of an insight to ur question:)

•••
could you please size down your signature image... we don't want to start a trend of oversized and unnessesary pictures in every post...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back