Dynadot

Which domain is better? I need your opinions.

NameSilo
Watch

SergioM

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I need your opinion. I am going to open an outdoor equipment sale company on web.

Should I register a new domain like for example barnellaoutdoor.com?
Or
Should I buy 10-15 years old aged 4-5 chars like barn.com, barne.com or smth like that?

Which would be better for me? 4-5 chars domains are expensive. Is it worth it?

Are older-aged domains better for Google Ads and SEO?

Should I put "OUTDOOR" keyword in the domain name?

I would be very happy if you share your opinions with me.

Regards,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Spend some time reading these threads, I mean a few months, dont go and buy anything until you understand domain value.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-beginner-resources.844937/

Outdoor means nothing in a domain unless its makes sense like OutdoorFurniture.com or OutdoorLiving.com

Domain age doesnt mean much if you just plan on selling it to an esablished company or a startup

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
Spend some time reading these threads, I mean a few months, dont go and buy anything until you understand domain value.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-beginner-resources.844937/

Outdoor means nothing in a domain unless its makes sense like OutdoorFurniture.com or OutdoorLiving.com

Domain age doesnt mean much if you just plan on selling it to an esablished company or a startup

Good luck

Thank you for your advice! I thought that the domain age is important for Google Ads & SEO.

And this is a start-up business for me.

•••
Domain age is not that important compared to other factors. More important factors IMO are
  1. Memorable and passes the radio test - can you tell the domain over a phone call in a noisy bar and he other person can go to your website? This means that no typos, no hyphens and no problematic spellings.
  2. Try to keep it short as possible (only if it passes above criteria)
Good luck!

•••
I am going to open an outdoor equipment sale company

Hi

1. what's your budget?
2. if acquiring domain for website,
then a good keyword will help speak to nature of business and add some credibility.
3. content will help drive se ranking
4. outdoor equipment is great kw,\
5. outdoorequipmentsales.com is listed for sale @ $1,988
6. outdoorequipmentsupply/supplies.com are available to register
7. outdoorequipment.us *

i could go on....

imo....

•••
After looking at prices of the original keyword phrases you mention, and other related ones that are for sale, I like Biggie's suggestions -- esp. #5 & 6. Unless you have a bigger budget to throw around.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back