NameSilo

tips Which direction do I take, please help 😀

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Rhys Hughes

New Member
Impact
0
Hello all

I have a very basic knowledge of domain names but I will also need some SSL Certs as well. I am just not sure which direction to go.

I am trying to setup two domains for my two Mitel PBX’s. Each will require a domain name and SSL Cert for the unified communication applications to connect externally.

Would I have to purchase two separate Domain names with separate SSL Certs? Or can I purchase one Domain name and create a sub-domain for each of my systems? With this is it then a SSL Cert Wildcare to not only cover my main domain name but also my sub-domains?

Main domain - pbx.com
Sub - system.pbx.com & system2.pbx.com

They will be on separate external IP’s and separate LAN networks but I assume the DNS will resolve that or is that not possible?

Also can you recommend sites that can offer this for free so I can test the setup before I buy it?

I hope this all makes sense but not 100% sure what you can and can’t do with domain names and SSL Certs


Cheers
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back