Domain Empire

question Which contact?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all,

Found potential end user website, which has President, as well as Chair of the Board of Directors listed but no direct contact info, for either. Site has street address, phone number & general inquiry email address.

Also, found company LinkedIn page, which leads to individual pages, for Chair of the Board of Directors, as well as both Executive Assistant & Special Assistant to President, but not to President. To message any of them, I’d need to signup for a one month free trial to “InMail”, a Premium LinkedIn feature that lets you contact anyone directly.

My initial thoughts were to try to contact President via regular mail, phone or by way of either Executive or Special Assistant, through LinkedIn.

Which contact would you outbound to and through which avenue?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A lot of spam on LinkedIn. I would not use that as a contact channel. Get the personal email and send a short 2-3 sentence inquiry. "Do you have any interest?" No BS, no sales pitch, no hype. The subject should just be the domain name. If it's really relevant to them it will spark interest.

Send it once a week for three weeks. Track it via an email tracking software. If it's not opened and forwarded try another executive. You want to be persistent without being pesky. Keep going till you get a clear no from a decision maker.

Like all of domaining, outbound is very speculative. Only a small % will respond or show any interest.

Good luck.

How does this look, to you?

"Subject: XXXXXXX.com

Hi (Name),

I'm selling XXXXXXX.com.

Let me know, if you are interested or if you have any questions.

Thank you, for your time!

Best,

My full name
Email address
LinkedIn Page
Phone number"

•••
Maybe to be clear say I am selling the domain name xxxxxx.com (so that they don't think it is a web content sale).

•••
Maybe to be clear say I am selling the domain name xxxxxx.com (so that they don't think it is a web content sale).
(y) Good call, as usual, Bob, thanks!

If there's two similar names, as we discussed, I'm writing:

"I am selling the following domain names:

xxxxxxxxxxxx.com
xxxxxx.com

Let me know, if you are interested, in either of these or if you have any questions.".

•••
I don't know how your outbounding went. But Never offer two or more names to an end user at once or on the first contact. You only reduce the value of the names in their minds.

Outbound with the domain name that improve their current name more, you can then offer the other as a sweetener to close the deal. Or even throw it in after completing the main deal, for few bucks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back