Dynadot

Where to buy domain and check whois

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
I search for a domain.
Whois.com says it is available, but when I clcik buy, it says unavailable, when I check whois it says available..
I check Enom. It waits and waits to show me lots of junk, and then says, domain is not available. When I check whois, it says no information.
I go to Godaddy. It says available. I try to register, but credit card neeeded which I don' use.
So I can never learn whether domain is available or not.
Why is this happening.
Checking whois should be fast, and in realtime.
Buying should be possible if domain is available.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I search for a domain.
Whois.com says it is available, but when I clcik buy, it says unavailable, when I check whois it says available..
I check Enom. It waits and waits to show me lots of junk, and then says, domain is not available. When I check whois, it says no information.
I go to Godaddy. It says available. I try to register, but credit card neeeded which I don' use.
So I can never learn whether domain is available or not.
Why is this happening.
Checking whois should be fast, and in realtime.
Buying should be possible if domain is available.

Try yet another registrar or whois service?

epik.com, dynadot.com, directnic.com, who.is, whoisology.com, etc....

•••
I always use gWhois.org for my whois lookups. It will always tell you if the domain is unregistered. It will also give you information about it's status (if you read between the lines) in the expiration process. And for me. It has always been reliable.

Last edited:
•••
If its a new gTLD, it's possible that the domain is premium and/or reserved by the registrar, so it shows available in whois when infact it's not available. Happened to me, but I found a registrar who let me register it. A few days later they took the domains away. Good luck.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back