IT.COM

question Where is your domaining office?

NameSilo
Watch
One of the most convenient aspects of domain investing is that it can be done from wherever you are, as long as you have a computer or other smart device. From where do you do most of your domaining?

From home?

From a local coffee shop?

Any other place?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From the top of my mind.
As you said, '... it can be done from wherever you are' - so it wouldn't make any critical difference if I would post my geolocation too.

Last edited:
•••
iPhone 6 Plus - I check on auctions and lists where ever I am.

•••
•••
When I got my current place 3 years ago made sure it had an extra room for a home office. Nothing fancy, black file cabinet, glass computer desk, HP printer, HP desktop computer, harmon kardon soundsticks to jam out while working. Have a spare futon in here as well that visitors occasionally use or that I pass out on when working past my bedtime and can't make it to my queen bed. Lot of 5 minute naps turn into 5 hour naps as can roll off computer chair right into it. iPhone 6 and Dell laptop for the road. Prefer an actual desktop for real work, website maintenance/building. Laptop or iPhone fine for emails or minor work.

•••
One of the most convenient aspects of domain investing is that it can be done from wherever you are, as long as you have a computer or other smart device. From where do you do most of your domaining?

From home?

From a local coffee shop?

Any other place?
Starbucks ;)

•••
•••
•••
This is my office in Thailand. I like the view from here.

office07.jpg

office09.jpg

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I work at my home office when domaining, with my partner Jake.

Ok Jake took the selfie so it's not a great shot! LOL

Attachments

• jake.jpg
    jake.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 1
•••
I work at my home office when domaining, with my partner Jake.

Ok Jake took the selfie so it's not a great shot! LOL

Nice! Can Jack talk?

•••
•••
Nice! Can Jack talk?

Oh yes he talks big time, probably knows 50 + different words but has his favorites that he likes to repeat. One of his favorites is my first name, he's quite the character. He can also complete things like I love you, are you ok and he tells my wife I love you mom etc..

Jake's the man! :D

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Coz it should be a virtual office or at least a coffee shop :D and you are the first one who post a real office.

I have hardware to store. Multiple PCs, each with multiple monitors, etc. You can't do that in a virtual office. :P

•••
I do a lot of SEO stuff apart of domaining, so I need something more than a home office. From another hand I'm traveling quite a lot so I'm using some remote servers and clouds and managing the tasks from anywhere.

•••
Thanks!

Koh Samui, an island in southeastern Thailand...

Chaweng or Lamai beach? Been a longtime visitor of Samui myself especially while i lived and worked in Krungthep & Chiang Mai, thinking to come back again as i will stay in Muang thai again for a month in July to unwind (also Full moon etc.)

Might drop by then for some coffee and domaining talk, especially about the new gTlds :-,

•••
Chaweng or Lamai beach? Been a longtime visitor of Samui myself especially while i lived and worked in Krungthep & Chiang Mai, thinking to come back again as i will stay in Muang thai again for a month in July to unwind (also Full moon etc.)

Might drop by then for some coffee and domaining talk, especially about the new gTlds :-,

Northern Lamai, not far from Ao Thong Takian (often named "silverbeach")

I would be happy to have a coffee and a chat later on!

•••
Yeah, i know Silver beach.. will contact you via PM again before i fly, then we can exchange phone numbers already and i will surely call you once i am there

ขอให้มีวันที่ดี

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back