• 8th

Afternic

vote
    1.9%

• 86 votes
  • Ended 18 years ago
  • Final results
Where do you park your domains?
Which companies have you tried in the past and which ones do you think are best?
Please rate:
1) ease of use of interface
2) design of landing pages
3) traffic level and revenue
4) customer service
5) overall rating (pros and cons)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NameDrive
1) ease of use of interface - 9/10
2) design of landing pages - 8/10
3) traffic level and revenue - 3/10 (revenue is low)
4) customer service - n/a
5) overall rating (pros and cons) - 6/10

-Steve

•••
Ditto, thanks Steve.

stscac said:
NameDrive
1) ease of use of interface - 9/10
2) design of landing pages - 8/10
3) traffic level and revenue - 3/10 (revenue is low)
4) customer service - n/a
5) overall rating (pros and cons) - 6/10

-Steve

•••
•••
•••
before 100% sedo, now 2/3 sedo, 1/3 ND, next month 2/3 ND 1/3 sedo.

•••
•••
•••
i park it on Namedrive 75%

and Sedo 25%

•••
Sedo 80%, Trafficclub 15%, Namedrive 5%

•••
Was Sedo 100% but have moved about 10% for testing at ND

•••
75% at ND at the moment, 25% other places

•••
I like domainspa.com . Just started using them a while back, but they are really nice.

•••
I've only used Sedo - but I'm going to give others a try so this thread will be interesting; to read what others think.

[8]| ease of use of interface
[6]| design of landing pages
[6]| traffic level
[4]| revenue
[?]| customer service
[6]| overall rating (pros and cons)

I have over 90 domains with them and the revenue hasn't been at all great. The traffic is constantly improving - collectively I'd say its improving at a rate of about 50% a month (although I've only been using them for about 3.5 months).

Recently I've had issues with them because one of my domains recieved over 200 hits (usually gets 70-80 every other month) - so they made a big deal about it. It was part of my signiture on a fantasy soccer site and ppl kept clicking through. Anyway, I think sedo is pretty good for selling but not for parking revenue.

Look forward to hearing other reviews.

Oh, just noticed the poll - "Adsense" I didn't know they provide a parking service?! Or is that meant as in self-created pages?! Someone please explain... Adsense parking sound interesting...!

•••
The Yahoo and AdSense means that you build mini sites and monetize with AdSense or YPN ads. It's not really what is considered "parking". Not sure that these fit into the poll given the poll question "Where do you park your domains?". YPN and AdSense are not parking services. While I mainly build mini sites and monetize with AdSense, I voted Fabulous so the results of the poll will be highly skewed if others voted the same way I did. But an interesting poll nonetheless.

I'm actually surprised to see SEDO is #1 so far. I used them first for a few months and moved outta there. Too confusing to use and not enough clicks.

Last night it was a close race 'tween fabulous and ND.

•••
Interesting fonz thanks.

NameDrive 80% now.

rest are sedo, GoldKey, Domainhop, Afternic, and domainspa

•••
•••
RE: Adsense

Yeah I thought as much. Thanks for clearing that up EbookLover.

After a little experience with Sedo and parking, I'd definately say monotizing with adsense is probably hell of a lot more better for revenue. I have a few friends who choose to do that rather than park - even if its just a couple of pages. I have a script, but haven't got to grips with it just yet.

By the way, is anyone here a member of SedoPro and would you recommend it - whats the main difference between that and normal Sedo?

•••
I apologize for not adding domainhop, goldkey, and domainspa in the list of options... My oversight...
I know that YPN and adsense are not parking sites, but in a sense, setting up a minisite site is just a glorified way of parking your domain--that is why I added these options to the poll.

•••
Adsense could be used for parking with their AdSense for Domains program, which is just parking pages. The only thing is you need a lot of monthly traffic. I believe the minimum traffic to be considered for the program is 750,000 uniques a month for your portfolio.

•••
I have been doing very good with domainsponsor, income increasing every month. I have 0 luck with Sedo. What did you guys do to have Sedo revenue? Mine's always pennies..

Flora.

•••
Fabulous 90%, Sedo 10%

I usually only use Sedo when I need to set my own keywords.

•••
Gradually moving domains from Sedo to Namedrive. Like the interface 100% more, and the parked pages are far better. Hopefully, revenue will improve too.

•••
sedopro offers many more tools than regular sedo.
it is definately worth the difference, as it can help you optimize a large portfolio and analyze domains with ease.

as for adsense, it is wrong to think that you need to have sites to 'park' there. You are allowed to park, but the requirements in amount of unique visits from your portfolio to directly park at google's adsense is huge.

•••
Anyone have experience at how to get their TrafficZ domains better optimized?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back