Dynadot

Google When will those backlinks disappear?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NipNicDomains

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

i have a general question about backlinks.
I bought a new domain on which i immediately started a project on. The problem is that this domain still has some backlinks from a very untrustworthy domain, and its got about 60 of them.

The links were registered about 4 weeks ago in majestic SEO which is right before i got the domain but the site does not even exist anymore. The Domain i got the backlinks from is just a redirect to ebay now. How long does it take for the links to get deleted out of the linkprofile?

And just for future i wanted to ask if you now any tactics to remove unwanted backlinks?

Thank you very much in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So I'm going to assume you didn't buy the domain for backlinks? Then checkout
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2648487?hl=en

If were talking a handful of backlinks, I wouldn't worry about it. If were talking thousands of cruddy backlinks...may just be easier to get a new domain ;)

•••
Hey sweetpea69,

thank you very much for your quick response to my question. No i did not buy the domain because of the backlinks but for the keywords. Thank you for the link to the article you gave me, i just read it through. I will watch the behavior of the linkprofile for a couple more weeks and see if it solves by itself or if i have to take further action. The backlinks are not listed in the google webmaster tools yet, but in majestic SEO so this is all i can do right now.

Thank you very much again and have a nice day.

•••
If you're worried about them, disavow them (submit a disavow file.)

BTW not all links show up in WMT - even if you get a manual link action links that trigger aren't always shown. What they report is a sampling.

Of the available tools to check back links, ahrefs has the largest index and generally returns the most results.

•••
enlytend actually I am seeing more links in Majestic then in Ahrefs for some time now on multiple sites that I have been checking..

As for the OPs problem, if the site is redirecting to Ebay, then the links are gone.. Only Majestic hasn't updated it yet. If the URL where your links were/are is not accessible then there are no backlinks ;)

•••
If you don't like any spammy backlinks, just use the google disavow tool. It seemed to work when I did it; but it took nearly 2 months to take effect though.

•••
You can use Disavow tool to remove back link of your website.

•••
You can use Disavow tool to remove back link of your website.
Yea, if he determines remove backlink then he should be used google disavow tool

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back