Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

What's wrong with this

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch
Impact
19
PHP:
<form action="<?php $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];?>" method="post">
Your Name: <input type="text" name="name" size="20"><br>
Your Email: <input type="text" name="email" size="20"><br><br>
Friends Email: <input type="text" name="id" size="20"><br>
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>
<?php
$name=$_POST['name'];
$email=$_POST['email'];
$header=$_POST['subject'];
$comments= "Hi" . $POST['name']
"I was surfing the net when i came across [url]http://www.funnymedia.net[/url], And Its AWESOME, I THINK YOU MUST CHECK IT!.";
$to=$_POST['id'];
$message=$comments;
if(mail($to,$header,$message,"From: $email\n")) {
echo "Thanks for Telling your friend about our website, THe email has been succesfully SEND.";
} else {
echo "There was a problem sending the mail. Please check that you filled in the form correctly.";
}
?>

Can anyone tell me whats wrong wid tht code? Its not working :(
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
what doesnt work about it?
 
0
•••
First, you see to be doing the PHP_SELF portion wrong (correct me if IM wrong ppl :P)

You need a name attribute to the Submit button.

PHP:
<form action="<?=$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']?>" method="post"> 
  Your Name: <input type="text" name="name" size="20"><br> 
  Your Email: <input type="text" name="email" size="20"><br><br> 
  Friends Email: <input type="text" name="id" size="20"><br> 
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit"> 
</form> 
<?php 
$name = $_POST['name']; 
$email = $_POST['email']; 
$header = $_POST['subject']; 
$to = $_POST['id'];

// Just use the $name variable. No sense in creating it if you aren't going to use it.
$comments= "Hi " . $name . "<br><br>I was surfing the net when i came across [url]http://www.funnymedia.net[/url], And Its AWESOME, I THINK YOU MUST CHECK IT!."; 
 
// You don't need this, just use the comments variable.
// $message = $comments; 
//

// Check if user submitted
if ($_POST['Submit'] === "Submit")
{
    if ( mail($to, $header, $comment, "From: ".$email."\n") )
    { 
        echo "Thanks for Telling your friend about our website, The email has been succesfully SENT."; 
    }
    else
    { 
        echo "There was a problem sending the mail. Please check that you filled in the form correctly."; 
    }
}
?>


I would also suggest you check that each email is, in fact, an email.

Try this, Im not sure if it works :-/
 
0
•••
ok well right of the bat i caught 2 errors, and that was not even halfway thru. so what i changed is that i added name="Submit" to the submit button, i put a concatenation . between $POST['name'] and the rest of the sentence, i changed $POST['name'] to $_POST['name'], and when u define $header, there is no $_POST['subject'] input. hope this helps.

PHP:
<form action="<?php $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];?>" method="post"> 
Your Name: <input type="text" name="name" size="20"><br> 
Your Email: <input type="text" name="email" size="20"><br><br> 
Friends Email: <input type="text" name="id" size="20"><br> 
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit"> 
</form> 
<?php 
$name=$_POST['name']; 
$email=$_POST['email']; 
$header=$_POST['subject']; 
$comments= "Hi" . $_POST['name'] . "I was surfing the net when i came across [url]http://www.funnymedia.net[/url], And Its AWESOME, I THINK YOU MUST CHECK IT!"; 
$to=$_POST['id']; 
$message=$comments; 
if(mail($to,$header,$message,"From: $email\n")) { 
echo "Thanks for Telling your friend about our website, THe email has been succesfully SEND."; 
} else { 
echo "There was a problem sending the mail. Please check that you filled in the form correctly."; 
} 
?>
 
0
•••
ya it worked :D thanks
 
0
•••
no problemo. got any more questions?
 
0
•••
not right now but i will let u guyz know if i need more help :D

Outer said:
First, you see to be doing the PHP_SELF portion wrong (correct me if IM wrong ppl :P)

You need a name attribute to the Submit button.

PHP:
<form action="<?=$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']?>" method="post"> 
  Your Name: <input type="text" name="name" size="20"><br> 
  Your Email: <input type="text" name="email" size="20"><br><br> 
  Friends Email: <input type="text" name="id" size="20"><br> 
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit"> 
</form> 
<?php 
$name = $_POST['name']; 
$email = $_POST['email']; 
$header = $_POST['subject']; 
$to = $_POST['id'];

// Just use the $name variable. No sense in creating it if you aren't going to use it.
$comments= "Hi " . $name . "<br><br>I was surfing the net when i came across [url]http://www.funnymedia.net[/url], And Its AWESOME, I THINK YOU MUST CHECK IT!."; 
 
// You don't need this, just use the comments variable.
// $message = $comments; 
//

// Check if user submitted
if ($_POST['Submit'] === "Submit")
{
    if ( mail($to, $header, $comment, "From: ".$email."\n") )
    { 
        echo "Thanks for Telling your friend about our website, The email has been succesfully SENT."; 
    }
    else
    { 
        echo "There was a problem sending the mail. Please check that you filled in the form correctly."; 
    }
}
?>


I would also suggest you check that each email is, in fact, an email.

Try this, Im not sure if it works :-/


I tried this and it works except when i send the email...it sends it wid NOTHING in it..so it sends a EMPTY email...:(
 
0
•••
PHP:
$comments= "Hi " . $name . "<br><br>I was surfing the net when i came across [url]http://www.funnymedia.net[/url], And Its AWESOME, I THINK YOU MUST CHECK IT!.";

PHP:
if ( mail($to, $header, $comment, "From: ".$email."\n") )

$comments!=$comment
 
0
•••
ah okay :p fixed tht
but HTML is not working

thts wt i get


Hi Zubair<br><br>I was surfing the net when i came across http://www.funnymedia.net, And Its AWESOME, I THINK YOU MUST CHECK IT!.

so the <br> doesnt take effect....and the URL doesnt take effect either
 
0
•••
ah, my mistake ;)

replace the <br>'s with:
PHP:
\r\n

SO
PHP:
$comments = "Hi " . $name . "\r\n
\r\n
I was surfing the net when i came across [url]http://www.funnymedia.net[/url], And Its AWESOME, I THINK YOU MUST CHECK IT!.";

My mistake about the comments one, that slipped my grasp! :P
 
0
•••
and what abt the URL tag
 
0
•••
Remove url tag in the email the software will auto parse it as http link..

iNod
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back