Domain Empire

What's the point of trader ratings?

NameSilo
Watch

CDM

Established Member
Impact
I've sold at least twice the domains you can see in my rating. Whats the point of having a rating system that no one bothers to use? Just saying. .. what, everyone's soo busy domaining to spare 10 seconds? :rolleyes:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
CDM said:
I've sold at least twice the domains you can see in my rating. Whats the point of having a rating system that no one bothers to use? Just saying. .. what, everyone's soo busy domaining to spare 10 seconds? :rolleyes:
Yeah, I agree.
It seems that it is also a big part of the transaction...
kinda like ebay.
It only takes a moment to do.
I think I would ask that person politely to do the same in return, as long as everything went fine.
If they refuse to do so, Maybe you should just go back to their trader rating feedback...
and deduct one (that would be the one you gave them)
The explanation would be...
All went well, but this member doesnt give trader rating points!!!
"-1"
lol

•••
hehe, i just got one from my last transaction. maybe he was just busy or maybe he saw this thread :)

•••
Well have you ever tried asking for a feedback / itrader rating after a transaction?
I often remind people they forgot to post a feedback and provide them a link of where to do so, as in your case its :
http://www.namepros.com/traderratings.php?u=78442

Hardly missed a feedback (maybe a couple), they usually apologize and post it.

•••
Ask for a Trader Rating after the transaction and reciprocate.
Put a footnote/note at the bottom of the sales thread.
The mods/admin could reinforce the dying custom.

•••
well if i rate them first, it will send a note into their inbox telling them they've received a new rating. If thats not enough to remind them to reciprocate, ..

i guess i feel i shouldnt have to ask. its like if you're a waiter/waitress, you dont have to say to your customer "hey dont forget to tip me"

•••
I haven't been in a ton of deals, but I got TR for all of them. I didn't know it was such a problem, they seem pretty good about it to me.

•••
CDM said:
i guess i feel i shouldnt have to ask. its like if you're a waiter/waitress, you dont have to say to your customer "hey dont forget to tip me"

Well guess what, life aint fair, anybody who told you otherwise, was lying :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
This problem has happened with alot of people. Like most things in life, however, it is all in how you look at it. TR is looked for to show you are a good seller/trader and do things right. I'm reminded, every time it I've heard this complaint of what a much wiser old man once told me about not complaining when you are not complimented on the good things you do:

No one goes through life without screwing a few things up and doing them badly. I can't honestly complain when someone does not acknowledge the good I've done, because many times others have also failed to publically point-out what I did wrong.

•••
I've had this problem with people not leaving TR too, it takes less than a minute to return one. It's generally frowned upon when people do not leave an itrader if the transaction went well, especially if you left them one staff here also encourage people to leave itraders if the transaction went well.

It's even worse when that person who doesnt get the TR when they should is new because when your new itrader is very important but when you have lots like me you wont miss one here and there, but it is annoying if you leave them one regardless if your new or not.

I really dont understand why some people just don't bother

•••
My problem is that I have got lots of returning and ongoing clients here on NP.

Like I have around 20 - 30 transactions with them every month. So if we started giving trader rating on every transaction it would be like too much use of it.

We exchange trader ratings once and then its okay.

•••
Good point allthough if you have more than one transaction with the same member it doesnt add to the trader rating count in posts but your right, usually if I have a deal with the same member again within a short space of time I usually feel guilty about it lol, but as long as it's not with the same person like 5 times a week obviously, but instead something like twice in a couple of months I dont see a problem with that. Common sense will provail in most cases.

I think the point the others in this thread and myself are trying to make is that for those who you've never done business with before not leaving you a rating if it went well it's just plain rude especially if your new like I said.

•••
Many a time Ive had deals with other members whom have not bothered to give TR.. Thats life I dont let it worry me :)

I do however view others before I deal with them if they are not a known trusted member..

•••
I make sure to get a TR for every transaction. I had to PM someone numerous times, but eventually they follow through.

•••
Galel said:
I make sure to get a TR for every transaction. I had to PM someone numerous times, but eventually they follow through.

That's probably cos they dont want your finger slipping onto that big red button that says "press to ban" lol, jke :)

I remember when I was new it was incredibly frustrating when you go for ages without a sale, then you get one but they dont leave any feedback I like you had to remind someone to leave a TR once or twice before they eventually did.

Theres absolutely no harm in asking for a return itrader if the transaction went well, allthough I still feel guilty asking for one, i'd preffer people did it voluntarily, so to speak.

•••
I prefer not to ask to be honest. I have given and not received a few times :guilty:

TR that is :p

•••
Electric-Shadow said:
Good point allthough if you have more than one transaction with the same member it doesnt add to the trader rating count in posts but your right, usually if I have a deal with the same member again within a short space of time I usually feel guilty about it lol, but as long as it's not with the same person like 5 times a week obviously, but instead something like twice in a couple of months I dont see a problem with that. Common sense will provail in most cases.

I think the point the others in this thread and myself are trying to make is that for those who you've never done business with before not leaving you a rating if it went well it's just plain rude especially if your new like I said.

:bingo:

Only your unique trader rating is displayed, which means it shows one per member.

You also get 10 reputation points per trader rating.

-Bill

•••
Trader ratings are one of the best things we've got going at NamePros. Since we've installed that system, more than 106,000 feedbacks have been left for members. All buyers and sellers are encouraged to leave ratings on their transactions, and it's not rude to ask them to if they don't.

•••
•••
•••
TR as you say .. might be useful to those who are new to the forum .. but a TR is not a definitive way to do business .. I have sold and bought domains here that have no bearing on TR .. I do however, do my research .. And as you can see .. my TR bears no reflection on that

•••
Agreed, you shoudln't always judge whether someone is trustworthy or not just because they have 2 or 3 itrader ratings, if a sale was under $50 or so i'd be inclined to give the new person a chance, I know how hard it is sometimes to get a sale when your new.

As mellow and mulligan have said, it's important do your research first and remember google is your friend, you'd be amazed at what you can find out using google :D

•••
I only have a bit over 30 transactions on Namepros, but I've got TR for all of them, must have been dealing with the nice people :)

•••
TR does help people in deciding transactions. I have many ongoing transactions but I am not left TR, it doesn't particularly bother me as reputation is still gained if the transaction is good.

•••
I use TR for every transaction I've ever made. Very helpful when looking for people you can trust.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back