Dynadot

What's the biggest pain in the butt in your everyday work as a domainer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brad05

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
when i dont get the right price

•••
•••
Researching a lot of domains at expiring auctions, winning the auctions, and then the ******* owner renews.. nothing sucks more than that. I don't care about the money stuck with the companies (esp. GoDaddy) for a few days but the thing I hate is the waste of time researching the domain and winning the auction.

To those domainers who wait till the expiring auction and then renew the domains:

**** you! After years of investing can't you just tell whether your domains are valuable or not? If you are unsure whether your domain is valuable or not then just drop it.

•••
-Find the right end-user.
-Asking the right price for the names without leaving money on the table.

•••
to f*** convince the end user I am not a scammer.

it's so pissing off when you outbound, almost every end user thinks your a scammer.

Last edited:
•••
to f*** convince the end user I am not a scammer.

it's so pissing off when you outbound, almost every end user thinks your a scammer.

I just forward the domain to their business temporarily to prove I own the domain. I also clearly state in the first email that I will use escrow service for security of both buyer and seller.

•••
I just forward the domain to their business temporarily to prove I own the domain. I also clearly state in the first email that I will use escrow service for security of both buyer and seller.

when you contacting multiple end user its not possible to forward the domain.

•••
Digging through all the domain lists trying to find the ones I want to buy.

•••
My thankful exception is my web host, they are rocket scientists, and that's why I chose them.
Mind sharing who that is?

Happily - Shared and Reseller http://BuyShared.net/ or Servers http://BuyVM.net

My plans are Reseller for my own use to have WHM and set up each domain as it's own CP. Been with them since 2014, excellent and fast service : thumbs up :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another PITA - the new ICANN whois 60 day Lock Policy - transferring names from myself to myself at least double the emails to respond to, causing issues with internal push too, lots of hassle.

•••
Work? ...nothing about domaining involves real work IMO.

Patience, yes. Lots of that.

•••
finding the exact email id of a probable buyer.

•••
People who put privacy on their info

•••
Hassle with various mail hunters!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back