Domain Empire

question WHAT'S BETTER : A HIGH PR DOMAIN APPRAISED $0 OR A NO PR DOMAIN APPRAISED $ XXX?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mycontrepipol

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,
i wish to inquire whether it is better to take a high PR (3) EXPIRED domain with 5 years with some backlinks (17) appraised $0 OR a DROPPED domain without PR or backlinks appraised $XXX ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
both appraisals and PRs are like throwing darts at a board. either could be 100% wrong. Appraisals are just opinions, while PRs can be faked or pumped.

•••
Agree with pranker. You should ask yourself, why domain with no PR or backlinks got dropped and was never subsequently picked up? And why the expired domain wasn't renewed? But of the 2, I'd prefer the expired domain with backlinks. But I would checkout the backlinks first, and also note if there is any traffic from those backlinks, before I'd jump on it. I'd be buying the domain for any parking revenue, not for resale (necessarily), so CPC of they keywords would also play a role, as would number of monthly searches.

Last edited:
•••
Agree with pranker. You should ask yourself, why domain with no PR or backlinks got dropped and was never subsequently picked up? And why the expired domain wasn't renewed? But of the 2, I'd prefer the expired domain with backlinks. But I would checkout the backlinks first, and also note if there is any traffic from those backlinks, before I'd jump on it. I'd be buying the domain for any parking revenue, not for resale (necessarily), so CPC of they keywords would also play a role.
i gguess that to check the traffic you will use alexa !

•••
Alexa is one place, but they can be skewed. Where is the domain registered?

•••
Agree with pranker. You should ask yourself, why domain with no PR or backlinks got dropped and was never subsequently picked up? And why the expired domain wasn't renewed? But of the 2, I'd prefer the expired domain with backlinks. But I would checkout the backlinks first, and also note if there is any traffic from those backlinks, before I'd jump on it. I'd be buying the domain for any parking revenue, not for resale (necessarily), so CPC of they keywords would also play a role, as would number of monthly searches.

@stub, Does the CPC still really matter with the re-targeting ads? Even if you have the insurance domain, most parking providers with Google feed will show the free music download ads, if that's what the user searched previously. So CPC's role doesn't seem as important to me as it used to be few years ago.

I do agree that backlinks one should be preferred in this situation.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@webm - I understand what you are saying. But it is possible to get a domain re-evaluated, but if after the re-evaluation users still search for "free music downloads" on an "insurance" domain, then I agree CPC would be pretty much useless. Which is why you have to evaluate the backlinks.

•••
If it's at GoDaddy auction, they quote the traffic, although it is not always reliable.

•••
isnt PR and everything it means dead in the water?

•••
•••
isnt PR and everything it means dead in the water?

Yes under most circumstances, Google will reset the PR upon a change of owner. You might get away with it if you have the same website as before.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back