Domain Empire

poll What type of domainers you are?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What type of domainers you are?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Do you Collectors or Investors who follow up trends?

Start from myself: I collect domains; If I like a name, probably I will purchase it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would have thought a lot types of domainers. Eg someone that sells domains fast and not in trend.

•••
I would have thought a lot types of domainers. Eg someone that sells domains fast and not in trend.

I'd say:
Buy N Hold: buy domain names and only sell to end-users.
Traders: buy liquid names below market, then lists and sells to whoever to make quick sales.
Opportunists: actively selling typos names, none .com to brands sometimes they don't even own the names.
Chasers: People who register/buy/sell latest buzzwords.

•••
A buy and Hold struggling Domainer lol

•••
You're missing many other options.

I'd think most domainers aren't either option.

Most domainers acquire quality domains (regardless of if they are trendy or not) with the intent to resell them.

In fact I'd go so far as to say domain "collectors" who don't try to resell aren't even "Domainers" in the first place .. as I'd think if you asked most people at NamePros how they define "domainer", most would say it's someone who buys and sells domains. I'd still class someone who's never sold a domain but is actively trying as a domainer .. but not someone who just "collects" domains .. unless there was a specific plan to resell them eventually at a profit.

•••
but not someone who just "collects" domains ..
Maybe I wrong wrote: "Domainers who collects domains and then sell".

•••
I do both, I collect and hold, but I also buy to sell when i can, more collecting though overall. The domain names that I purchase to collect aren’t to buy and sale later, but it seems to end up that eventually I end up selling some of my domain collection names

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'd say:
Buy N Hold: buy domain names and only sell to end-users.
Traders: buy liquid names below market, then lists and sells to whoever to make quick sales.
Opportunists: actively selling typos names, none .com to brands sometimes they don't even own the names.
Chasers: People who register/buy/sell latest buzzwords.

You should try to experience all of them strategies.

You can diversify and do a combination of 'all' these types, then after 6-12 months carry on with all these options or see which one works for you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back