NameSilo

What to charge for advertising?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have just been approached by a company for paid advertising on a few of my sites.

What are the going rates? I will get a lot of traffic over the months as we approach Christmas.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The reason noone has replied to this, at a guess, would be that without knowing a whole host of further information, noone could possibly give a figure with any amount of certainty.

It is worth considering;

• What niche are you in?
  • How much traffic your site receives
  • How much traffic is likely to end up with your advertisers
  • The size of your advertising (more $$$ for bigger ads)
  • Whether you view this as a long term or short term advertising commitment (if you want to develop a long term relationship, you may offer 'introductory rates')
  • Is the traffic mostly from the US? UK? Canada? Worldwide? Where are the company based that want your advertising?
  • Do they want to be on every page of your site or just against particular products?

I could go on.. :)

:wave:

•••
Contact some websites anonymously who are doing the same thing and see what they charge.

•••
It depends on how much traffic you get. And Page Rank also matters.
Where is the ad going to be placed? In the main page? or within an article?

Roughly $40 I should say.

•••
Paid advertising is not enough it is just short term method of marketing, you should work on free advertising methods such as SEO, SMM, SMO etc to enhance your business.

•••
$30/month is stander rate I would say.

•••
It depends about the advertisement type and its duration.In today's more dynamic and more competitive world the importance of advertisement cannot be ignored but its cost does matter in very business.

trade mark attorneys Australia

Last edited:
•••
$25-55 I would say. Depends on niche and ad campaign duration.

•••
Based on the little information given, I'm guessing you would want to figure out what to charge for an advertising spot, say a 728x90 banner ad on the top of you page, using CPM method.

This is basically an equation to determine the cost the advertiser will pay per 1000 impressions. As others have said, you would have to research your niche, and determine what the going rate is per impression, and using your average traffic figure out what to charge for the duration of the ad campain.

Hope that helps.

•••
Check the PPC on Adwords and estimate how much traffic you would expect to generate to the advertiser and get a figure from that.

•••
Run Adsense, affiliate links or other "automatic" ads. Dependent on your traffic volume you will know after a few days, weeks or months the minimum value of this ad spot.

•••
It depends on how much traffic you get. And Page Rank also matters.
Where is the ad going to be placed? In the main page? or within an article?

Roughly $40 I should say.

I agree on this one and have often found it to be the sweet spot. This assumes you have nothing special (higher than usual traffic, celebrity status, huge social media following, etc.) Any less seems to make you feel cheap to potential advertisers. Believe me, it's okay to seem expensive to some clients - you don't want them anyway. Work up from there as you get more popular and reward longtime buyers with a locked in or discounted rate.

•••
it is depend on your advertisement and also depend on its duration.
you can do advertise by google adsense ,PPC etc.

•••
Contact some websites anonymously who are doing the same thing and see what they charge.

My thoughts exactly. It would allow you to guesstime how much money others make in the niche and what you could charge. Sure, you might get a different price, but it does give you a realistic view on what you can earn.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back