IT.COM

.me What the hell is wrong with .me registration at Dynadot!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I tried to register a .me domain using my account balance. Dynadot says order has been processed but no amount was deducted from my balance!????
Similarly the confirmation email I got states that no amount was deducted!!? what the hell is this?? :( :( :td:

This is what it shows:

Code:
ITEMS
   XXXX.me - domain registration
     1 year ($14.99)
     $14.99
 PAYMENT
   total cost:   $0.00
   payment type: None

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
aliweb said:
Hi,

I tried to register a .me domain using my account balance. Dynadot says order has been processed but no amount was deducted from my balance!????
Similarly the confirmation email I got states that no amount was deducted!!? what the hell is this?? :( :( :td:

This is what it shows:

Code:
ITEMS
   XXXX.me - domain registration
     1 year ($14.99)
     $14.99
 PAYMENT
   total cost:   $0.00
   payment type: None

Er- ask Dynadot perhaps :? :)

•••
wot said:
Er- ask Dynadot perhaps :? :)

I did :)
Let's see what they say

•••
If the name you tried to register was a premium .me then they will attempt to register it and it will fail. I recently had somewhat of a similar situation. It took 2 days for them to turn around give me an explanation and refund my money. As for the balance not being withdrawn are you sure you selected to withdraw it from your current account balance and not another payment method?

•••
-Adam- said:
If the name you tried to register was a premium .me then they will attempt to register it and it will fail. I recently had somewhat of a similar situation. It took 2 days for them to turn around give me an explanation and refund my money. As for the balance not being withdrawn are you sure you selected to withdraw it from your current account balance and not another payment method?

I am sure it was the balance amount and not CC or Moneybookers. And I tried twice!

•••
Turns out it was a Governmental reserved name..DANG!

•••
I had this problem when I tried to register SPACE.ME :guilty:

•••
And I was trying to register sanfrancisco.me

•••
RUPERT said:
I had this problem when I tried to register SPACE.ME :guilty:

I tried to register the same name and had the same problem.
Dynadot shouldn't allow people to buy them.
The reservered names don't show up as available on other registrars i've tried.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back