IT.COM

What registrar(s) to recommend to end-users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MKA

Established Member
Impact
I personally use GoDaddy and Dynadot, the former for my most valuable domains where I'd like to use GoDaddy's marketplaces without being penalized, and Dynadot for the bulk of my portfolio because of the low renewal prices, stability of the platform, and the nice "for sale" page that you can create for free.

But I was recently asked by a client (who reached out to me via mail) what registrar I'd recommend for him. And I had no good answer. I mean, GoDaddy is sneaky with unnecessary up-sales and has high renewal prices. Dynadot is fine, but there might be something better.

A quick Google search wasn't much help since most list rated Domains.com, Networks Solutions, and Godaddy high (they were even so generous to post affiliate links to these registrars).

So let's say you've just bought a domain for $100,000 that you intend to use for your start-up. It's your only domain, and you don't intend to buy any more (save perhaps from some similar domains for brand protection). What registrar(s) would you choose and why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dynadot.

All the features you need, great support, and A+ tech compared to most of the dinosaurs in the industry.

•••
What registrar(s) would you choose and why?
Hi

lot of "old school brick and mortar" companies were using netsol.
but you could search some 6 figures sales and see what registrars they are using.

gd does have lot of profit centers on their site, but probably not an issue, for those having high dollar domains.
as costs/expenses are deductions against revenue.

currently, i use fabulous.com and would recommend if asked.

imo....

•••
I always recommend NameCheap then GoDaddy for end users, and Dynadot for domain investors.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back