Dynadot

advice What Programming Language is useful for a domainer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What programming language is useful for a domainer?

Sammy Jakes

Established Member
Impact
I have some free time now and I would like to learn coding.
I would like to know what programming language is useful for a domainer and what specific domaining problem can I solve with it?
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if you wish to learn programming generally, you should. For domaining, no programming language is needed. As long as you know Excel, you are good.

•••
•••
It seems "HTML/CSS" winning the poll. Interesting...

Please give me only one example that a domainer can do something with a list of keywords/domains by only using HTML/CSS. Or solve any domaining problem with HTML/CSS.
No JS, no PHP, no any other language.
Only pure HTML & CSS!

People do not even read what OP requests.

Such brilliant minds...

•••
It seems "HTML/CSS" winning the poll. Interesting...

Please give me only one example that a domainer can do something with a list of keywords/domains by only using HTML/CSS. Or solve any domaining problem with HTML/CSS.
No JS, no PHP, no any other language.
Only pure HTML & CSS!

People do not even read what OP requests.

Such brilliant minds...
Why are you so negative towards everyone?

Based on 2 things about this poll:
  1. "What programming language is useful for a domainer?"
  2. "Multiple votes are allowed."
The logical conclusion would be that most people voted for several options with HTML/CSS being the MOST common among all the votes. Obviously HTML/CSS isn't the only useful language. smh

•••
Yeah, I support HTML, CSS and Javascript ...

Those 3 are essential for frontend and as a domainer, you will deal more with frontend than anything else except you want to build something robust in the domain world then you can add other languages as you move

What does front-end knowledge have to do with finding and selling a domain name?

You can work with lists and databases via the CLI without the need for any browser or markup language.

So front-end means nothing at this point.

---

It seems that the terms "domainer" and "domaining" have different meanings for some of us, which leads to conceptual confusion...

I think first of all we need to define the exact meanings of these terms in the context of this topic.

•••
What does front-end knowledge have to do with finding and selling a domain name?

You can work with lists and databases via the CLI without the need for any browser or markup language.

So front-end means nothing at this point.

---

It seems that the terms "domainer" and "domaining" have different meanings for some of us, which leads to conceptual confusion...

I think first of all we need to define the exact meanings of these terms in the context of this topic.

What if you want to build your own drop-catch software?

•••
What if you want to build your own drop-catch software?
I would say C++ or Rust as microseconds matter in the drop catch race.

I'm assuming you have a direct connection to EPP, of course...

•••
Can anyone tell me the best programming language for making small websites or blogs.
And why?
Thank you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back