IT.COM

poll What percent of your domains sell via Make Offer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What percent of your names sell via Make Offer?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • <20%

votes
    72.2%
  • 20 - 40%

vote
    5.6%
  • 40 - 60%

votes
    11.1%
  • 60 - 75%

votes
    0.0%
  • 75% +

votes
    11.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Names could sell via these many sources:

1) Make Offer - Resulting in negotiation
2) BIN - Fixed Price sale
3) Auctions

What percentage of your names sell via Make Offer vs BIN? Maybe a quick eye-opener to direct your energy, brush up the negotiation skills if you are on the 20 - 40% mark or more.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
100% make offer
Make offer is very new for me.
The big problem i see is the amount of unpaid domains after an agreement is made.
I tried it with dan, i have maybe 80% of dimains never paid

and i now try godaddy auctions to see if it's different...

•••
It depends on the quality of the names. Crap or average names bin is fine but anything good to great why box yourself in ? New terms and meanings to words crop up all the time. Your domain can skyrocket in value very quickly. So it just depends on whats in your portfolio and what your goals are.

•••
The big problem i see is the amount of unpaid domains after an agreement is made.

I find a BIN will often get you the price you are happy with, but the buyer may be prepared to pay a lot more. Most of my sales are outbound to end-users anyway. I dont get a many sales on GD, Sedo, etc, most are domainers/investors

Last edited:
•••
100% make offer
Woah! Fond of negotiations?
You must have encountered almost every scenario there is by no!
1) Deal made
2) No deal
3) Buyer did not pay
4) A better offer after the sale
and so on. Care to share some of these stories here?

This is where BIN works better. You never know whether you are leaving money on the table, but whatever you get is something you feel satisfied with, coz you did the pricing.
(unless of course you listed it at 2 different prices at 2 different platforms and the lower one sells)

It depends on the quality of the names. Crap or average names bin is fine but anything good to great why box yourself in ? New terms and meanings to words crop up all the time. Your domain can skyrocket in value very quickly. So it just depends on whats in your portfolio and what your goals are.
I think that is a very fair point. Going by that, a lot of domain investors became rich with the crypto boom (and not because they were in crypto).
But the irony is, your average name could get scooped up in BIN, as the trend starts to pick up, when you don't even know that the trend started.

I find a BIN will often get you the price you are happy with, but the buyer may be prepared to pay a lot more. Most of my sales are outbound to end-users anyway. I dont get a many sales on GD, Sedo, etc, most are domainers/investors
What kind of sales - low to mid xxx? If we are talking low to mid xxxx, this makes an interesting case study

•••
Make offer works better for me as i cannot price easily my domains. But i spend a lot of time negotiating, finding an agreement but the buyer never pay. I wonder to find a plateform where the payment is mautomatically when an agreement is reached...

•••
Woah! Fond of negotiations?
You must have encountered almost every scenario there is by no!
1) Deal made
2) No deal
3) Buyer did not pay
4) A better offer after the sale
and so on. Care to share some of these stories here?

Most of mine are outbound, unless you have good names, its a waste of time listing names at every marketplace waiting for a buyer to come along. Approach end-users with a decent name, I always try get an offer first, but if they are not interested in making an offer, I will name a price and we go from there.

Most are sold via LinkedIn or at least from end-users I found through LinkedIn. It has got easier since my LinkedIn emerging tech following has grown to almost 30k now.

•••
Back