NameSilo

question What motivates you...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
As the above question asks, what motivates you as a domain name investor?
Also, on the flipside, what do you do on those days you lack motivation?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
THREE primary daily motivations:

1. Essentially I'm motivated by locating / acquiring names I can use for our personal websites' purposes as re-directs to continuously attract additional visitors or eventual clients;

2. I'm also motivated to unearth vibrant domains that can be used by our established clients as principle domains or as secondary/ re-direct names for their websites;

3. I'm further motivated by acquiring domains I feel have vitality / salability in a few select niche marketplaces and offering same for sale ( inbound only) to whoever finds 'em and buys 'em.

Last edited:
•••
Billionaires. Esp Jack Ma and Jeff Bezos..
Yay. Elon Musk is on the list.

•••
When I see the rates of domains on peack level I got it as motivation and try strongly to reach those peack levels.

•••
•••
•••
Any day above ground, is a good day.

•••
Each sale is motivating
The goal to develop a real business from these names keeps the motivation.
And I just enjoy coming up with and finding names for ideas...
But motivation is fleeting...You really have to have a deep rooted love for this to keep going because they are times I don't have finance or motivation,but I don't give in.
I just plan, and try again.. to do better.

•••
•••
•••
•••
As the above question asks, what motivates you as a domain name investor?
Also, on the flipside, what do you do on those days you lack motivation?

When I see others makes sales, especially ones with negotiations and agreements that leave both buyer and seller satisfied.

•••
The challenge motivates me. To catch a name or to even come up with it and regg it. Then to find out someone loves it and is willing to throw money on it. Every sale is statisfying. 10 times 100 or 1 for a 1000 dollar doesn't matter. The patience and long breath is sometimes annoying but domaining is great fun as you can do it anywhere and anytime and it brings you in contact with every corner of the digital world. Especially as it is a hobby to me and doesn't feel like "working". Domainers are like one big team. The way we hope to best for all and support each other is great!

•••
Seeing random domains sell for a nice amount of money.
Seeing my random domains sell to end users. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
The most big motivator is reasonable investement of finance and after investment it depends upon us how we can make it of big value..

•••
coverage of successful outbound sales done by not tier1 brokers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back