IT.COM

What methods to use to market my brandable domain marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Russell

Brandotive.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hi Guys, I finally have my domain marketplace up using Efty at brandotive.com. Its not complete, I am still adding info and fine tuning. But I need to start to make sales. My target is the end user (start ups, etc) and I have priced my domains accordingly. I am selling the original logos that are there with the domains.

I am just bursting my brains trying to figure whats the most effective and affordable way to get quality traffic there. Can anyone advise me please? I post this here because I am still a newbie.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Guys, I finally have my domain marketplace up using Efty at brandotive.com. Its not complete, I am still adding info and fine tuning. But I need to start to make sales. My target is the end user (start ups, etc) and I have priced my domains accordingly. I am selling the original logos that are there with the domains.

I am just bursting my brains trying to figure whats the most effective and affordable way to get quality traffic there. Can anyone advise me please? I post this here because I am still a newbie.

Short answer? It will cost you.

1.press release
2. AdWords ( but only target misspellings of keywords you want your site associated with so there's less competition which equates to cheaper ppc.
3. Hire a cheap SEO expert via freelancer
4. Create a list of forums that will allow you to post for sale domains.
5."name drop" on domaining blogs
6. Article directories.
7. Social media. Twitter, Instagram,Facebook,Snapchat . You can buy followers. A large following (fake) can bring you real followers (maybe).

•••
I'm just letting google do it's magic with my market place.

Did you add google analytics to the site so you can keep track of traffic?

•••
I'm just letting google do it's magic with my market place.

Did you add google analytics to the site so you can keep track of traffic?

Yes I did

•••
Short answer? It will cost you.

1.press release
2. AdWords ( but only target misspellings of keywords you want your site associated with so there's less competition which equates to cheaper ppc.
4. Create a list of forums that will allow you to post for sale domains.
5."name drop" on domaining blogs
6. Article directories.
7. Social media. Twitter, Instagram,Facebook,Snapchat . You can buy followers. A large following (fake) can bring you real followers (maybe).

Thanks thats some good info.

•••
Thanks thats some good info.

Also I remember a website that focused on backlinks. Backlinko.com

Google this site and "25,000 visitors" this site has a free PDF with this title
Good read.

•••
1.press release
You'd have to negative match all the "correct" versions, because Adwords now does "close match" on everything - even exact match terms. And you'd get very little traffic
Better - read up on how to choose keywords. Single word, high-volume are too vague to convert well. 2-3 word phrases with relevant intent are best. How do your target customers search? Do exact or phrase match on those terms.
You get what you pay for.
6. Article directories.
No. Used to work, now not so much. http://searchengineland.com/googles-matt-cutts-dont-try-build-links-article-directories-182935

But Brian Dean's site (backlinko) is good for link building ideas. Any link that drives genuine traffic is a good link.

Last edited:
•••
You'd have to negative match all the "correct" versions, because Adwords now does "close match" on everything - even exact match terms. And you'd get very little traffic
Better - read up on how to choose keywords. Single word, high-volume are too vague to convert well. 2-3 word phrases with relevant intent are best. How do your target customers search? Do exact or phrase match on those terms.

You get what you pay for.

No. Used to work, now not so much. http://searchengineland.com/googles-matt-cutts-dont-try-build-links-article-directories-182935

But Brian Dean's site (backlinko) is good for link building ideas. Any link that drives genuine traffic is a good link.
Thanks man

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back