IT.COM

poll What is your favorite Domain Appraisal tool?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is your favorite domain appraisal tool?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Godaddy

votes
    40.0%
  • Estibot

votes
    11.8%
  • Valuate

vote
    1.2%
  • NamePros Appraisal

votes
    7.1%
  • Others. Pls mention

votes
    5.9%
  • I don't trust domain appraisal. It's useless!

votes
    34.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namepros members are very good at spitting out numbers when you ask for appraisal
I imagine the knowledge Namepros members have cood fit in a computer program
So it should be possible to make an appraisal bot as good as Namepros appraisals
But nobody will do it probably
Estibot is our only hope

•••
I don't trust domain appraisal. It's useless!

•••
My best domain appraisal tool is sitting right on top of my shoulders. It doesn't work well for all domains. Only the one's I own :) Even though, I will berate it when it gets a valuation wrong :)

•••
pc.domains

It's great because it values 777.com at $109. Dart.com at $4,500. All kinds of joke estimations.

•••
•••
Mine is called CTKI.
Chair-To-Keyboard Interface.

•••
My own intuition is better than these tools. :)

•••
I usually write down 3 different prices on paper and play "eeny meeny miny moe".
Whichever I land on is the way I go!
Just kidding:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
•••
Your tool?
Pure gut, in my case aka common sense:xf.wink: The one thing I do know is my domains are becoming less and less crappier every day, and valuations are improving as well.

•••
Godady and estibot are good but i think estibot is a better choice.

•••
•••
Namepros members are very good at spitting out numbers when you ask for appraisal
I imagine the knowledge Namepros members have cood fit in a computer program
So it should be possible to make an appraisal bot as good as Namepros appraisals
But nobody will do it probably
Estibot is our only hope
cood is could

•••
It says my name corpgenesis////com is $2000

•••
NP members can be the best appraisal tool for beginners. They sure know how to calm you down especially a newbie with excessive expectations:xf.grin:

•••
I check Name Worth from time to time. Makes me smile a little when the valuations are close to what I came up with on my own. Doesn't happen every time, but enough to keep me visiting the site periodically.

•••
IF Estibot gives me a high valuation it usually prompts me to do more digging so it is very good as a precursor. However, I've seen 7 figure domains appraised at 5 figures so I don't trust it to provide an accurate appraisal.

Also, whenever I have used GoDaddy's appraisal tool it just says the domain is worth over $25k which doesn't always help.

Last edited:
•••
I use Estibot, Godaddy and Domainindex.com for guidance. Better than nothing IMO, plus they share additional traffic and aftermarket data.
Also, whenever I have used GoDaddy's appraisal tool it just says the domain is worth over $25k which doesn't always help.
I would prefer to have this problem, but sadly I don´t. My problem is heading for the other direction: Many of my domains are valued zero by Estibot and DomainIndex. That´s because they are not generic words and have no search quality/search history. However, life shows that crap sells, and the Godaddy appraisal tool is able to give out numbers between few Hundreds to >2k USD for those Zeros.

I recently analyzed valuations against real sales with Uniregistry brokers in the first half of the year for another purpose. Godaddy estimated 34(46)% of the sale results, Estibot 3.0(5.6)% and Domain Index 1.6(3.1)%, in brackets highest and lowest sale excluded. These stats may be neither authoritative - only 8(6) sales - nor meaningful. To me they advise at least that the tools are minimum level pointers and no bible.

•••
•••
I use GoDaddy to start with - as most of my names area already with them and I can download my entire portfolio with the estimated valuations.

I also use reported sales data on NameBio and DNJournal for "comparable" sales information.

Then I mix in some of my own valuation methods (gut feeling, who I'm dealing with on an open inquiry, etc...).

Regards,
DN

•••
•••
secretariat.xyz came out the result for $3000...weird

•••
Like a fine wine, it seems the longer you have them the more expensive they become.:xf.grin:

The valuations I go by are the previous sales at namebio and the offers I am getting. Some surprise me on the upside. Every buyer has a different value in mind.

At GD everything is pretty much 1,224, at SH everything is $2999 and at estibot <100 and others 10-50,000.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back