IT.COM

poll What is your favorite Domain Appraisal tool?

NameSilo
Watch

What is your favorite domain appraisal tool?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Godaddy

votes
    40.0%
  • Estibot

votes
    11.8%
  • Valuate

vote
    1.2%
  • NamePros Appraisal

votes
    7.1%
  • Others. Pls mention

votes
    5.9%
  • I don't trust domain appraisal. It's useless!

votes
    34.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't rely on appraisals but use them as part of a more detailed formula to rate and price my domains.

The numbers I include come from these 6 sources:
GoDaddy
Estibot
Saw
HumbleWorth

I give GoDaddy valuations above $1700 some additional weight in the formula.

•••
•••
The real appraisal tool is the end user buyer.

•••
Kasmi...why does DNRater.com make you jump through all those hoops just to get a domain appraisal?

Is it worth it?
Sorry about that, the process is to reduce bots and spam 🫡 The tool is the best at the moment. Hopefully we can keep it that way 🤭

•••
Sorry about that, the process is to reduce bots and spam 🫡 The tool is the best at the moment. Hopefully we can keep it that way 🤭
Thanks for explaining...please give us 3 free tests to let us test the tool and then decide if it's worth paying for,ok? :xf.smile:

•••
I tried few domain appraisal tools , most of them are not worth it except Estibot , GoDaddy and DNRater

Out of the three tools I like DNrater and Estibot

•••
Thanks for explaining...please give us 3 free tests to let us test the tool and then decide if it's worth paying for,ok? :xf.smile:
If I got a sponsor soon will do it, even the current pricing is not working for me, I can't handle the charges yet, hopefully in the future, remember I'm just a one person not a company 😅

•••
btw I made a bot two years ago for dnrater on twitter that you can just mention dnrater and it gives you the price, every twitter account was allowed 5 appraisals per week, but now after Elon and the new pricing for twitter API we couldn't do it, may be we can do a telegram bot instead.
1698177946404.png

•••
btw I made a bot two years ago for dnrater on twitter that you can just mention dnrater and it gives you the price, every twitter account was allowed 5 appraisals per week, but now after Elon and the new pricing for twitter API we couldn't do it, may be we can do a telegram bot instead.
Show attachment 247924
Hey Kasmi,

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I won't be able to take you up on it.😒

But maybe others will. 🤗

What type of domains is DNRater better at appraising?

•••
I don't rely on appraisals but use them as part of a more detailed formula to rate and price my domains.

The numbers I include come from these 6 sources:
GoDaddy
Estibot
Saw
HumbleWorth

I give GoDaddy valuations above $1700 some additional weight in the formula.
Unable to find Alter dot com. Is this site still active?

•••
•••
I tried few domain appraisal tools , most of them are not worth it except Estibot , GoDaddy and DNRater

Out of the three tools I like DNrater and Estibot
Estibot unnecessarily requires you to turn off your VPN. The only reason I can think of is linking your IP address to the domain you're appraising if it's of value.

•••
Although no automated service can be relied on (it takes me up to an hour to properly determine the current value of a name), Nameworth is hands down the best for a 'quick' number.

•••
A potential buyer, someone will little to no knowledge of domain values, may get hung up on the automated appraisal. Therefore, there's some value in knowing tool valuations, not for setting your price but merely to know who are what you are dealing with.

This issue - awareness of the tool's valuations - applies to lower value ($2,000 to $20,000) domains. Anyone pitching the utility of automated tools for higher value domains will, more often than not, prove to be a time waster.

Perhaps 2% of my sales have ever been publicly reported, likely having a downward effect on valuations, since most of my sales go for 2-10Xs the automated appraisal values. How many sales go unreported? Likely a high percentage, especially for sales >$10K USD.

•••
I find most of the appraisals pretty one sided and are not tuned into the current economies etc. I buy them to build out and look at the process from that angle.

Last edited:
•••
A potential buyer, someone will little to no knowledge of domain values, may get hung up on the automated appraisal. Therefore, there's some value in knowing tool valuations, not for setting your price but merely to know who are what you are dealing with.

This issue - awareness of the tool's valuations - applies to lower value ($2,000 to $20,000) domains. Anyone pitching the utility of automated tools for higher value domains will, more often than not, prove to be a time waster.

Perhaps 2% of my sales have ever been publicly reported, likely having a downward effect on valuations, since most of my sales go for 2-10Xs the automated appraisal values. How many sales go unreported? Likely a high percentage, especially for sales >$10K USD.

If you use estibot, you need to x 2 to 10. many times, estibot does not tell the difference between a good name and a bad name.

•••
I don't like Godaddy to hold domains in(as high cost+upsells), but GD Domain Appraisal looks fine for me.

•••
Although no automated service can be relied on (it takes me up to an hour to properly determine the current value of a name), Nameworth is hands down the best for a 'quick' number.
I like Nameworth too, but that's because it generally has a higher appraisal than the likes of Go Daddy, SAW or Estibot.
i tend to agree with you about Nameworth especially due to their Tier/Premium explanations. They're the only appraisal service i actually pay for.....9.99 a month, and i really like the owner who happens to be a member of NP.

On the other hand I spend more time using the free GD appraisal tool and plan on using it to show "end user" buyers domain valuations that I'm looking to sell. Go Daddy adds a certain amount of credibility for the average "end user" whereas the average end user has never heard of Nameworth or Estibot.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back