IT.COM

What is wrong with my revenue generating website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mnjkr

Established Member
Impact
My website http://www.edusolutionguide.com used to give me good bucks ( around > 1000 USD a month) but of late there has been slump in the revenue and it is down to few bucks only a month. Not sure what has happened to my website. The site has loads of content. I am even thinking of selling it for > 30000 USD if I am able to get good monthly revenue. Any idea why google analytics has suddenly started showing less traffic. I checked my website and it is not penalized by google.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your last article is from june.

If I land on a website with the last article published months ago I click the website away because I think the owner puts no effort in it.

Add new content or remove the dates.

•••
Well not really. As I keep modifying/adding my products/downloads section. May be I haven't added any new post. But Google Crawler looks at any update made on your website not just the new post. So, ideally, there shouldn't be any drop in the web traffic.

•••
hi, i dont understand how do you make revenue here?
could you explain me please?
i have fantasticroutes.com and trying to monetize it, could you give me some advise?

•••
hi, i dont understand how do you make revenue here?
could you explain me please?
i have fantasticroutes.com and trying to monetize it, could you give me some advise?
Selling digital products (courses/papers/answers to exam papers, etc.)

•••
just my 2 cents...
i would add margin: 20px; and changed font-family in sidebar category menu and also the content font.
i would also changed the header image.
check contact-us page and delete the contact-form-7 short code, you have there 1 that doesnt work but it is shown.

•••
Seriously, $1000 per month! Wow! how do you make it? Is it just by selling q/a?

•••
just my 2 cents...
i would add margin: 20px; and changed font-family in sidebar category menu and also the content font.
i would also changed the header image.
check contact-us page and delete the contact-form-7 short code, you have there 1 that doesnt work but it is shown.
Thanks Mayazir. I will definitely implement these ideas.

To answer some of the other questions on this post, yes !!! Good content always sells...

•••
Any idea why google analytics has suddenly started showing less traffic. I checked my website and it is not penalized by google.
What did you check that convinced you it's not penalized by Google?
What traffic dropped and when (analytics - acquisition /channels /source/medium)?
SEMrush doesn't show you ever ranking higher than page 4, so either you were showing up for very niche terms that are off their radar, or you were getting traffic from other sources.
Your business model is not going to put you on Googles good side...

Last edited:
•••
I still see that my web pages are being indexed by Google and when I type my website name in google search, those pages appear. This is a kind of hint that my site is not penalized by Google But not sure though.
Traffic dropped since last 2 months because I saw drop in my revenue drastically.
Yes, I serve a very niche market segment so even if I don't rank higher, I get the genuine traffic and conversion rate is pretty high.
Not sure about your last sentence...

•••
There are all kinds of penalties, very few of them totally deindex content. Most of them just deprecate it.

In Google analytics, you can isolate traffic drops by source - Google, Bing, direct, referral, social...and pinpoint what traffic drops and when it happens. Sometimes you think it's Google and it turns out to be something else, so it's good to check. Knowing the date the drop happens also helps you pinpoint the reason. (Btw, if you track conversions in analytics you can tie them to a traffic source also.)

September was a volatile month for Google rankings. There was a shakeup early in the month, then penguin was rolled into the core algorithm. That rollout may have started before it was announced.

I doubt this is penguin, but your link profile looks weak and several linking sites look "related." New penguin just discounts links it doesnt like, but link loss affects rankings.

Another possibility is that a competitor has started outranking you and their search snippets are getting better click through.

Last edited:
•••
BTW, you also have a bit of a duplicate content issue - lots of sites with identical or nearly identical content to many of your pages. That won't get you deindexed unless you're a scraper site, but Google will pick what they feel is the "best" copy to show people. Its possible that it used to be you but that's no longer the case.

•••
hmm...that's good ....recently i had visit your site ... That's not pretty good but in average .
you just need some shorting and merging management in your site
if you able to apply themes and skin its become pretty good...if you want to more visitor in your site . is this only one way to get. so many other ways to get more traffic in your site but first thing. you have to modify your at good looking, eye catching and interactive.

Last edited:
•••
hmm...that's good ....recently i had visit your site ... That's not pretty good but in average .
you just need some shorting and merging management in your site
if you able to apply themes and skin its become pretty good...if you want to more visitor in your site . is this only one way to get. so many other ways to get more traffic in your site but first thing. you have to modify your at good looking, eye catching and interactive.

Thank you for your comment and inputs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back