Dynadot

What is web hosting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i ask this because i accidentally bought a web hosting package for a name. i thought i was buying a web building package...whoops. i have no idea what web hosting is please help....in english. thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In order for someone to view your website on the internet, you need to have web hosting. You create your website files, and upload them to the webhost.

Web hosting is space on a server. The server is in a big warehouse that has big fat internet connections. When someone types in your domain name, the server sends your web site files to the viewer and they're displayed on his computer.

•••
ok so if i have this figured out right. if i were to develop a website, i would need the webhosting right. unfortunately if i had bought the website building package i think the webhosting comes free at that particular site. i get it thanks.

•••
•••
ok so if i have this figured out right. if i were to develop a website, i would need the webhosting right. unfortunately if i had bought the website building package i think the webhosting comes free at that particular site. i get it thanks.

With hosting packages there might be site builders also, if you need to build the site. In your case you would need a hosting package to view your site online. So you have not done any thing wrong by buying a hosting package. :)

•••
You will be able to run your web site in the net having web hosting account, but choosing web hosting provider can be a hard task because there are many web hosts out there.
Read customer hosting reviews before to make any final order.

•••
You will be able to run your web site in the net having web hosting account, but choosing web hosting provider can be a hard task because there are many web hosts out there.
Read customer hosting reviews before to make any final order.

But as far as I could understand he has already bought a hosting package.

•••
If have a domain,then you also need hosting,for files,images,and much more data store...

•••
But as far as I could understand he has already bought a hosting package.

Oh, yeah.. I'm sorry I thought that he was looking for hosting company..

To OP,

Contact the host's customer support - they will explain you everything you need to know.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back