IT.COM

status-resolved What is the reasoning for thread edit limitations?

NameSilo
Watch

dncafe

I Buy WebsitesTop Member
Impact
I recently made a post in the Discussion -> Domain Extensions -> gTLD Discussion area and posted some available domains. I was planning on coming back at a later time and editing out the domains that had been registered, only to find out that there was a 30min editing window.

Why are there edit limits on certain forums that are meant for general discussion and not so much to document anything

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Here's more information about the different edit time limits:

Available domains should generally be posted in the following section:

The reason for the limits is further discussed in this thread:

If you'd like to be able to edit your post to remove taken domains that were once available, you can do that in this section:

We hope that helps.

•••
When a user makes a clear error in a post and they do not have a way to edit that post, support staff should be there to assist them in making those changes.

•••
When a user makes a clear error in a post and they do not have a way to edit that post, support staff should be there to assist them in making those changes.
We can make improvements to the clarity of the post for you, but we cannot change the meaning of the post.

If a post needs to be updated or corrected, then it's best to reply to it with the update or correction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back