Dynadot

information What is after Defi & NFT?

NameSilo
Watch

Ariff BD

Top Member
Impact
What you think will be the next trend after DEFI & NFT for the hand register domain?

My 10000$ offer for defi.es is raised to 15000$ (outbound-Linkedin).
After I refused 800-1200-5000(GD)- 8500(EPIKLANDER).

I was lucky to know about DEFI ( decentralized finance) here at namepros Live chat.

I Still remember people were talking about what defi domain they are taking, even I can remember- @Corey was talking about her domain Defi.monster domain.

I instantly checked that almost all defi was taken. However, working in a Spanish Company in my country, I knew about ES extension & also knew how Spanish people use that as their staple TLD. And it was available. So I took it since it was cheap.

I waited long with having faith on it. And now- 15000k & more on the way.

Let's discuss what might be another sure shot to register domains for next defi or NFT.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
[
Hi Namefu,

It is not easy to find domains that will be niche in the future
This requires a great deal of professionalism.
Many domain investors is amateur in this forum i think , like me 😉
There is a few real experts

Regards
If it was easy everybody would be doing it.....and making money.....

•••
I literally had someone on NP ask to see my portfolio just so they can see my niches. It's pretty funny...

•••
[

If it was easy everybody would be doing it.....and making money.....
Hi NickB ,

i say samething its not easy 😉 , It will take a long time to master in this.
im trying to find blockchain and crypto use cases in the future and i spend a lot of time for this.

If you have a suggestion for that, that would make me happy.

Regards

•••
@sibern - Crypto & Blockchain have been battered unless your going into a competitive aftermarket then there are other areas to look at

Good place to start.......

Have a look at the below - these are the fastest growing tech sectors in the UK according to Deloitte, pick 1 sector to start with.

http://www.deloitte.co.uk/fast50/sectors/

Look for sub niches within the tech that have not been covered as much...... "tech + niche,

Google it with theses words after (one at a time) - trends, news university, report/s, future, predictions, research and start reading and making notes, cross check to see if domains are being registered (doesn't matter if they are) see what types of companies are in the niche and at what stage they are at, have any had funding, are there incubator companies doing research? Start up's? Established companies working in the field, check how likely the tech is going to go mainstream etc etc etc

Plus other things - but a good practice to get into and can lead onto some interesting stuff......

It is about putting in the research, if you enjoy learning then it is not really work imo :xf.smile:

Then you have to push the button and be prepared to hold for the long term.....

Some of my favourite domains are quite a few years away from commercial/consumer applications......

•••
@sibern - Crypto & Blockchain have been battered unless your going into a competitive aftermarket then there are other areas to look at

Good place to start.......

Have a look at the below - these are the fastest growing tech sectors in the UK according to Deloitte, pick 1 sector to start with.

http://www.deloitte.co.uk/fast50/sectors/

Look for sub niches within the tech that have not been covered as much...... "tech + niche,

Google it with theses words after (one at a time) - trends, news university, report/s, future, predictions, research and start reading and making notes, cross check to see if domains are being registered (doesn't matter if they are) see what types of companies are in the niche and at what stage they are at, have any had funding, are there incubator companies doing research? Start up's? Established companies working in the field, check how likely the tech is going to go mainstream etc etc etc

Plus other things - but a good practice to get into and can lead onto some interesting stuff......

It is about putting in the research, if you enjoy learning then it is not really work imo :xf.smile:

Then you have to push the button and be prepared to hold for the long term.....

Some of my favourite domains are quite a few years away from commercial/consumer applications......
NickB,

Thanks very much for this information ,
it will be a great resource for me and other amateur domain investors like me ,
I am always open to all suggestions

Regards ,

•••
Hi Namefu,

This requires a great deal of professionalism.
Many domain investors is amateur in this forum i think , like me 😉
There is a few real experts

Regards

It's not easy but with adequate research anything is possible. Good research will give you the opportunity to acquire long before a legitimate trend is established. You will also need the conviction to hold onto such names until the future trend comes to fruition. Another big factor is understanding the branding value of the future trend domain you are looking to acquire has for a business i.e can it be a household name? The most important factor, however, is that you have to believe the domain you're targeting to buy will make a strong brand in the niche otherwise there is no point in investing.

For example I acquired HyperTrain(.)com as I believe that the use of hyperloop trains is going to be one of the biggest generational changes in pedestrian transportation. The industry is growing at a rate of 43% CAGR and I expect the majority of developed countries to have them operating within the next 10 years. It's only got a marginal amount of global exposure today but that will grow over time as the niche develops. This name may not get a single serious offer for the next 5 years but I'm confident that it's more than strong enough to become a highly sought after brand within the next decade.

•••

The most difficult part is to predict what 'niche terminology' will be used in the future, and what domain will be relevant for and end-user to acquire, to get a competitive advantage in their b2b or b2c niche. Some niches become mainstream, some niches remain a niche, and others will just fade away. Some niches are only niches in domaining world and too long-tail to be useful in the real world.

Even early domain investors, just like the entrepreneurs and engineers working in that particular niche field, don't know the outcome for sure. So domain investors often bet on several niches and terminologies at the same time, even when those terminologies are competing in the same field. Just to be sure and spread their risk.

Not all these niche domains and niche technologies will be relevant in the future, but as a domainer you will have to make sure to develop a feeling for what may be interesting within the next 5-10 years, and be able to hold your domains. Read all the news, especially boring professional publications, not present only this forum.

Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
I tend to read a lot of research papers, scientific publications, and reports to get inspiration for domain names to register. I think that to be ahead of everyone in certain areas requires more than reading articles from news channels like Forbes, it requires getting the information from the same or from similar places like the news channels do.

I would recommend ScienceDirect.com, Publons.com, Academia.edu, link.springer.com, intechopen.com, scopus.com, and ResearchGate.net.

Some interesting topics: Genetic Medicine, DNA Computing, Explainable Artificial Intelligence, Artificial General Intelligence, Extended Reality, Quantum technologies, 4D printing (time is the 4th dimension), Plant technologies (check out this startup: https://www.biootech.com/), etc..

•••
Future Sensors and slader23 Thanks very much for that important informations , this infos very helpful for new domain investors ,
And I am always open to all suggestions

Regards ,

•••
•••

Guess domains related to Dapp(s) and DAO may get some traction.
DApp will definitely get momentum and will stay for long term.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Future Sensors and slader23 Thanks very much for that important informations , this infos very helpful for new domain investors ,
And I am always open to all suggestions

Regards ,

Dont forget, @Malnasi Bela.
Good stuff! Research papers’ to predict future.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I'm selling
DeFInance.finance
DecentralizedFinance.finance

Got
DefiDigitalArt.com
It has strong Alexa
Plus it had huge art sale

•••
The Solana Foundation has partnered with the large South Korean blockchain accelerator ROK Capital to launch a $20 million fund. It aims to develop the Solana blockchain ecosystem by enhancing various projects, including those related to DeFi, NFTs, and Web3.

Maybe Web3 ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back