Dynadot

What is a .info domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
may i know what is a .info domain?
Why is it so cheap?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are the same as any other domain but as you can see, it's supposed purpose is for informative reasons. And it's so cheap because at one time it was free.

•••
•••
Taylor Hewitt said:
They are the same as any other domain but as you can see, it's supposed purpose is for informative reasons. And it's so cheap because at one time it was free.

FREE? can't get one free now, right?

•••
www.ri.sch.edu.sg said:
FREE? can't get one free now, right?

Nope, but for just 150 NP$'s you can get a .info here at namepros

•••
.info is most suitable for information related websites and not suited for business related sites.

•••
.info is a great extension if used correctly for information purposes only,It's cheap,A top extension,And combined with adsense,affiliates and ect,You can make revenue just as easily with a .info as .com,Except for typin traffic imo,A .info development requires more promotion-advertising to get it off the ground imo, I only own a few,None of which i have developed yet,But in choosing a .info is important,You definatly want it to point to information and match the .info extension,One i have is DepressionDisorder.info, imo the right name,Plural and non plural is crucial in a .info name

Last edited:
•••
If would put less time/money in info... better to place it in .com's IMHO

•••
there the same as any other domain extension. THey are cheaper becuase they are very unpopular, and Icann doesnt charge much for them to be registered

•••
templaterave said:
there the same as any other domain extension. THey are cheaper becuase they are very unpopular, and Icann doesnt charge much for them to be registered
ICANN does not Control the pricing for any domain except for their .25c Fee
It is the Registry for that particular extension that controls the prices
in the case of .info it is Afilias
Their Home Site is http://Afilias.info

Yes at one stage info's where free and at present Most ,not all, registrars and resellers have them cheaper than the regular price for .com and other gTLD's

Prices range from $2 or less to more than $7
They are very usefull for buying cheaply and creating a little minisite and making some income from.
With a purchase price of $2 it is not hard to get your money back within days or even hours. I have done this with the few that I have.

I hope this information was useful

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back