Dynadot

debate What if I Grab a Domain with high traffic...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SNJV

Established Member
Impact
Hey Fellas
What If I Buy a Domain with High traffic from Godaddy Auction and List in on Domain Parking sites

I found some Domains, which has 15,000-20,000 Traffic per month

Is it gonna make revenue with Domain Parking

I’m really confused! Suggestions and Tips would be appreciated
Newbie here :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes its good but better if you use it for making online website in the same niche of domain
i have uf canvas have more than 135k search

•••
Also, do be aware that sometimes that maybe an old bot may inflate those numbers. Make sure to check behind a domain with things like Alexa, SimilarWeb, and other traffic evaluation products.

Good luck!

•••
Hey Fellas
What If I Buy a Domain with High traffic from Godaddy Auction and List in on Domain Parking sites

Mostly depends on where the traffic is from and if the domain has a clean profile. If the domain has been used to spread malware, you'll need to be creative to monetize the traffic.

•••
Also, do be aware that sometimes that maybe an old bot may inflate those numbers. Make sure to check behind a domain with things like Alexa, SimilarWeb, and other traffic evaluation products.

Good luck!
Thanks, will do a research before buying em!

•••
Mostly depends on where the traffic is from and if the domain has a clean profile. If the domain has been used to spread malware, you'll need to be creative to monetize the traffic.
Will do check the Spam score, any creative tips? :)

•••
•••
I would never trust the GoDaddy Auction estimated traffic...especially for monetizing a site. If you're really interested in going that route you should care more about exact match search volume, domain history (look at Wayback Machine) and backlink profile (look at AHREFS site explorer) because those are likely the factors that are driving any traffic worth monetizing.

•••
I purchased a domain with 0 traffic brand spanking new and have made $5 in 1 month of parking. Not sure if traffic really matters it could just be an estimate too.

•••
•••
•••
Hey Fellas

For reasons I've analysed here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/namebio-com-unusual-activity-detected.1139579/#post-7261856
please don't get over excited and over estimate those traffic stats. They can be misleading.
As a rule,
80% - bots from data centers.
20% - from real human beings.

This is the balanced and sober assessment.
Now take your decision.

P.S.
Many Ad servers (including ours) have rate limiters developed into them. They have maximum number of valid clicks within a given time interval. Robots can click 1 million times, but a Ad server validates only 100 clicks.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I purchased a domain with 0 traffic brand spanking new and have made $5 in 1 month of parking. Not sure if traffic really matters it could just be an estimate too.
Wow Steven that's really impressive, Keep Going 🚀 :)

•••
I would never trust the GoDaddy Auction estimated traffic...especially for monetizing a site. If you're really interested in going that route you should care more about exact match search volume, domain history (look at Wayback Machine) and backlink profile (look at AHREFS site explorer) because those are likely the factors that are driving any traffic worth monetizing.
Yes you're right, I'd surely use tools and do a background check on the Domain :) Thanks for Suggestions :)

•••
Traffic usually comes from links (indexed) by Google or Bing. When domain is expired, the website gone from internet, and search engine will try to drop those links from indexed. If you found domain in expired auction usually the traffic/links already going away. You need to catch those links in proper way. Redirecting will just temporary because search engine will re-index the content and if the content is different/changed then you have different traffic.

If you buy from domain that still active, that is different story. Yes, you buy the real traffic, but need to maintain it.

•••
It depends on the type of traffic which comes to the site.

You can place google adsense on the site which will be pay per click ads.

•••

Update on my domain $20 sense end of Nov.

•••
All depends on the cpc and industry and type of traffic i have sites making 30c a day with that traffic. 20k a month i don't consider big traffic at all especially if adult traffic again all depends what it is.

•••
Domain (NOT website) with traffic?
Do you know guys that, according to an ahrefs study, 91% of the pages have 0 traffic?
Developed sites suffer to have traffic and now we're talking about naked domain with traffic?
That traffic is 100% bot.
Study here.

•••
I would ask if it's possible to rent a domain for the month that would be easier to check if it's worth a penny or not. You don't know from where come traffic and few more things so can be crap buy blind.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back