NameSilo

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@immmi I do not feel much keyword ve here, your chance to sell this domain is only if someone will use this letters as shortcut for some existing app...not much chances imo. If it sells, it is 2-3k name.

There is btw an existing app named ve.app, so this might be your only well defined end user ...
thank you!

•••
ETH/supply

Many Thanks
Personally I think this will be very difficult resale...it kind of make sense, but there are so many alternatives..if it sells, probably 200-500, but I am not overly optimistic for this name. GL :)

•••
Holding/World
Imo it can be 500-4k sale, while the probabilities of such sale are low (my estimate would be 1/100 per any given year.). I like .world names and this name has standard renewal...but somehow I do not feel this one much.
GL!

•••
Imo it can be 500-4k sale, while the probabilities of such sale are low (my estimate would be 1/100 per any given year.). I like .world names and this name has standard renewal...but somehow I do not feel this one much.
GL!

Sir, what would you think about Billing /world ? :)

•••
Sir, what would you think about Billing /world ? :)
I like it! It reminds me names like data/world, and I think it can be nice 2k-8k sale in 2018. There are lot of billing companies, or billing sulutions providers out there. It can be very good "brandable" for them.

The name seems to have standard renewal for .world, so if you wish to keep it for cheap price, you can transfer it at the moment to west.xyz for approx. $5 (it will give you one additional year) and also renew it few years in advance for the same price.

With this renewal level, it is imo very nice investment. GL :)

•••
Personally I think this will be very difficult resale...it kind of make sense, but there are so many alternatives..if it sells, probably 200-500, but I am not overly optimistic for this name. GL :)

Many Thanks

•••
•••
•••
JET/TRAVEL
Jet / travel is actually very nice domain name. It has standard renewal for .travel (around $80 at many registrars), while I think it can sell in 3k-8k range with 1% probability each year.

So it is an borderline investment: holding yearly cost is 80, while projected yearly profit is between 30-80 (0.01*3k-8k)...if you will actively offer the name to relevant end user, you can improve this profitability.

GL :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
@lolwarrior pl advice about boxing/tips
Hi friend, the domain sounds nice, but it is quite limited pool of end users (fans fo box), pluse there are many alternatives in new gTLD space (for $8-40 you can get this keyword in .institute, .support, etc, just check at uniregistry.com for keyword "boxing"). I am not saying they are close alternatives, but they are alternatives, and this limits your potential to negotiate higner sale price. I think this one can go for $750-$4k, while it seems to have premium renewal around 230 USD, I am right?

If this is the case, the math will not hold here imo from investment point of view..still very nice name, it would make amazing blog for box/boxers, and I think it can also rank very high from seo point of view. Plus it sounds pretty authoritative. GL :)

•••
Kiddie/life
I do not feel this name, but if someone buys it, it can be imo 200-300 sale...I think it is better to get 1 or 2 really good new gTLD names, then have many low quality names...they only eat money at renewals, while there is no profit from them. I would drop this one after a year of testing. GL :)

•••
3mEUV9b.png

Last edited:
•••
This is random keyword1keyword2 .shop domain name, where string kind of make sense, but has tons of alternatives (think about "ultracatchy" or "supercatchy", etc) which one can place in front of .shop extension.

And it is not only that, there are competing new gTLD extensions like .store or .market.... Thus this domain has imo almost 0 chance for any resale, unfortunately.

•••
i
This is random keyword1keyword2 .shop domain name, where string kind of make sense, but has tons of alternatives (think about "ultracatchy" or "supercatchy", etc) which one can place in front of .shop extension.

And it is not only that, there are competing new gTLD extensions like .store or .market.... Thus this domain has imo almost 0 chance for any resale, unfortunately.
SOLD, to TopCatchy/com. Didn't you get the memo?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Copper.Today

By the way, can you suggest me the best marketplace for new Extensions.

•••
Copper.Today

By the way, can you suggest me the best marketplace for new Extensions.
@Gia Kumar I do not feel keyword copper in .today extension. It kind of makes sense, but there are some many alternatives for this keyword in new gTLD space - visit uniregistry.com, and put "copper" in search field, you will see what I mean (.zone, .international, .media and dozens of others, more or less close alternatives). So this is the reason I think it does not make much sense as an investment ...

How to best sell new gTLDs?
1. make professionally looking marketplace and build your presence at LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook (social media)
2. you can do outbound emails
3. Write articles or blog, anything which brings traffic to your marketplace
4. Put your names in major domain places/markets: Sedo, Uniregistry, GoDaddy, Afternic, Epik, Undeveloped....

The more exposure, the better sales :) GL!

•••
@Gia Kumar I do not feel keyword copper in .today extension. It kind of makes sense, but there are some many alternatives for this keyword in new gTLD space - visit uniregistry.com, and put "copper" in search field, you will see what I mean (.zone, .international, .media and dozens of others, more or less close alternatives). So this is the reason I think it does not make much sense as an investment ...

How to best sell new gTLDs?
1. make professionally looking marketplace and build your presence at LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook (social media)
2. you can do outbound emails
3. Write articles or blog, anything which brings traffic to your marketplace
4. Put your names in major domain places/markets: Sedo, Uniregistry, GoDaddy, Afternic, Epik, Undeveloped....

The more exposure, the better sales :) GL!
Many thanks for your suggestions .

May I know your suggestions for GIA.FASHION

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back