Gonca

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

Could you please appraise my new domain names

FAVORI.com
GONCA.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Favori means favorite/preferred in French :)
It can also mean a bookmarked entry in your browser (they call them 'favoris').

The other one is more a pure brandable.
I think they are nice.

•••
Thanks for your comment @Kate

Any comments from experts on the value of domains?

•••
Are domains so bad? reg fee? Why there is no appraisals? :xf.frown:

•••
Both are brandables ... list them with squadhelp or brandpa or brandbucket and wait for enduser to come...
before submitting favori first email favorirestaurant & favorillc see if they want this name... ask 10000 USD if they dont reply within week then go for brandable marketplaces as i mentioned..

i liked favori alot...
If you are willing to sell both names pm me reseller bin price
i can buy both..

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your comment Riz.

Any other appraisals?

•••
...before submitting favori first email favorirestaurant & favorillc see if they want this name... ask 10000 USD...
Very good advice... assuming you are looking to get hit with an UDRP complaint and lose the domain :sneaky:
Both are brandables ... list them with squadhelp or brandpa or brandbucket and wait for enduser to come...
This is sound advice. First step is to apply to have them listed. This will get you a solid appraisal how much to list for (or refusal to list, which is also an appraisal of sorts). Then you can decide on how to proceed. Good luck! :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Very good advice... assuming you are looking to get hit with an UDRP complaint and lose the domain :sneaky:

This is sound advice. First step is to apply to have them listed. This will get you a solid appraisal how much to list for (or refusal to list, which is also a kind of appraisal). Then you can decide on how to proceed. Good luck! :xf.smile:
Favori is keyword if you google it... it has no trade mark...
few days back i had Guppys.com and i emailed guppysrestaurant they bought it rightaway...
and favori is actually word so there is no chance of UDRP..
please do some research then advise..
Thanks

•••

This is sound advice. First step is to apply to have them listed. This will get you a solid appraisal how much to list for (or refusal to list, which is also an appraisal of sorts). Then you can decide on how to proceed. Good luck! :xf.smile:
for your kind information brand marketplace refusal doesnt mean domain is not valuable .. my decors // com refused so it means it has no value??? i have several 5 figure offers for this name...
Brandbucket also mentioned that if we refuse the name it doesnt mean domain is not sellable it means that domain is not fit for our marketplace.. thats it...

•••
Favori is keyword if you google it... it has no trade mark...
No registered TM, you mean? Interesting how most people can't seem to get their head around the simple fact that no registerdd TM, does not mean there is no TM! :sneaky:
few days back i had Guppys.com and i emailed guppysrestaurant they bought it rightaway...
Congrats on your quick $10,000 sale! Based on your advice here, may I assume that's the price you have sold the name for? :xf.wink:
and favori is actually word so there is no chance of UDRP..
If you ever bother to scan through past UDRP rulings, you might find your confidence is somewhat misplaced...
please do some research then advise...
Right back at you, friend! :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Not a concern when dealing with a generic name. As mentioned by Kate, "favori" is a form of the French word for favourite.

Would you be worried about trying to sell Burger.com to Burger King?

Last edited:
•••
for your kind information brand marketplace refusal doesnt mean domain is not valuable .. my decors // com refused so it means it has no value??? i have several 5 figure offers for this name...
Brandbucket also mentioned that if we refuse the name it doesnt mean domain is not sellable it means that domain is not fit for our marketplace.. thats it...
Agreed. I did not mean to imply the domains are worthless if refused. IMO, There is above average chance one or both domains will be accepted and appraised by either BB or BP or other marketplaces :xf.smile:

•••
...Would you be worried about trying to sell Burger.com to Burger King?
This is a bad analogy. Favori is not an English word and nowhere close to burger.com class, obviously!

This said, I would be very cautious and circumspect when offering burger.com for $10,000 to Burger LLC or to Burger Restaurant (which may have very well been doing business under their "Burger" brand for many years), opening myself to a possibly successfull RDNH through an UDRP.

I mean, why pay $10,000 when there is a perfectly good chance of getting the name for $1,500-3,000 via UDRP? :sneaky::sneaky:

Like I said, burger.com is a bad analogy, obviously a very valuable name. But favori.com? What are the chances of @Gonca shelling out $2,000-3,000 to defend her name?

This is my beef with people who obviously have been lucky not to get hit with UDRP'S, giving out quick advice that may have very unexpected (for them, but not for me) and expensive consequences.

Does your confidence extend to underwriting @Gonca's legal expences defending the name, should she be hit with an UDRP as a result of following your "no concern" advice? :sneaky:

Last edited:
•••
This is a bad analogy. Favori is not an English word and nowhere close to burger.com class, obviously!

This said, I would be very cautious and circumspect when offering burger.com for $10,000 to Burger LLC or to Burger Restaurant (which may have very well been doing business under their "Burger" brand for many years), opening myself to a possibly successfull RDNH through an UDRP.

I mean, why pay $10,000 when there is a perfectly good chance of getting the name for $1,500-3,000 via UDRP? :sneaky::sneaky:

Like I said, burger.com is a bad analogy, obviously a very valuable name. But favori.com? What are the chances of @Gonca shelling out $2,000-3,000 to defend her name?

This is my beef with people who obviously have been lucky not to get hit with UDRP'S, giving out quick advice that may have very unexpected (for them, but not for me) and expensive consequences.

Does your confidence extend to underwriting @Gonca's legal expences defending the name, should she be hit with an UDRP as a result of following your "no concern" advice? :sneaky:
ICE.COM sold through outbounding in millions... get your facts right...

•••

Well i think its good if domainers are scared from TM issues like you do... we have less competition or maybe you are trying to scare others so you can grab the names in low prices?

•••
ICE.COM sold through outbounding in millions... get your facts right...
Please, please, take the time to read what I have written more carefully. What the heck does ice.com have anything to do with this thread? :banghead:

Do you understand what RDNH is? Here's my key point again, which you have obviously missed:

•••
Well i think its good if domainers are scared from TM issues like you do... we have less competition or maybe you are trying to scare others so you can grab the names in low prices?
I'm perfectly happy to leave you mustangs to lead the charge, while I carry on in my frightened, ineffective way, leaving you most of the pickings... or perhaps I have ulterior motives you've alluded to? Or maybe it's HugeDomains who get most of the pickings really, prompting me to find my own little niche and no competition to speak of? :ROFL::ROFL:

Anyways, my job here is finished... a bit of contrarian advice to @Gonca, giving her a chance to make her own informed decision to be a domaining mustang... or maybe go about it in a bit more circumspect way. Her choice. Either way is perfectly fine with me :xf.smile:

Disclaimer: with close to 4,000 domains to my name, I have a lot to lose. Having been hit with a few UDRP's and with many more sure to come, I tend to tread cautiously. To date, I have successfully defended most of the cases against me. While doing this, I found that an UDRP case starts with your registering the name and not when you get hit with the complaint or CDL. I envy all mustangs... my experience tends to put a damp on my natural freewheeling mustang inclinations, is all :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
@Gonca - you have 2 good names here. IMHO.

Favori is a dictionary name. Means favorite in french, which is very positive and brandable with a beautiful sound to it. But you cannot be hit with UDRP IMHO since it is merely "favorite", a normal, everyday word with no other problematic words attached.

Gonca (spelled Gonça) is a very small town Portugal but is also very brandable otherwise. Gonca is supposedly a Turkish word derived from the Persian word Ghoncheh which means "flower bud".

My personal opinion for Favori.com...

To serious, commercial end-user: Mid $XX,XXX minimum
To hobby end-user: High $X,XXX
To Reseller (except for @Domains - Wanted lol): Low to Mid $X,XXX

My personal opinion for Gonca.com...

To serious, commercial end-user: High $X,XXX to Low $XX,XXX (this is mainly due to is shortness and pronounceability but also the fact that, given it's meaning, it could be a perfume brand or similar).
To hobby end-user: mid $X,XXX
To Reseller (except for @Domains - Wanted lol): High $XXX to Low $X,XXX

I would hold onto these 2 (especially favori.com) for a good while if you can't find a buyer. You will eventually, IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
...To Resellerule_violationer (except for @Domains - Wanted lol)...
Huh? Why's that? Oh, I wouldn't be so quick to count me out... these are perfectly good domains I would be happy to have in my portfolio. I would simply go about, er, monetizing them, in a more circumspect way, is all :xf.grin:

BTW: what's a "Resellerule_violationer"...? (n)

•••
that Resellerule_violationer was supposed to be
HmLKxGG.png

but when I post it, it turns out as Resellerule_violationer

I guess the forum script does not like forward slashes between 2 words??? No idea.

Last edited:
•••
Heck, if you play by this rule then you would never do outbound. I know a lot of domainers don't like to, but I prefer active promotion of good names. The increase in sales far outweighs the purchase cost lost from the 1-in-a-thousand domains that get hit with a bogus UDRP claim.

About as much as your confidence extends to compensating OP for the lost opportunity cost in not actively approaching targeted end users who may be happy to pay four figures for the name.

•••
Thank you all for your advice, valuation and comments. I added domains to SquadHelp and BrandBucket.

SquadHelp approve domain and appraisal value for FAVORI is 95.000$.

BrandBucket still waiting. I will write it here too.

@Joe Nichols @EbookLover @Domains - Wanted @Riz M. @Kate

•••
I like both of these as well. Both come up as Tier 1. Could go for your expected price to the right buyer.

upload_2019-3-3_1-45-25.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
Both are good names especially Favori.com which can be used many different purposes. Favori is nice brandable name and can fetch low 5 figs to right enduser.

Gonca seems to be person name and too uncommon. This one can fetch between high 4 figs to starting 5 figs.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back