Domain Empire

What do you think about GreatDomains.com ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What do you think about GreatDomains.com?

Did anyone have a negative/positive experience with them? Let's talk!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Cherry pickers.

I saw their Dot-Biz domains and was not too impressed, so I asked them to list refi.biz for me, which is a great mortgage refinance domain. They said they weren't interested.

I have never understood their philosophy, but I do understand that they had their 15 minutes of fame a long time ago with loans.com. They remind me of elderly rock stars who won't give up.

•••
They only register dictionary words, so i guess refi (abbreviation for refinance?) doesnt fit into their scheme of things. Every man to his own poison I guess.

•••
homebuyer said:
But I do understand that they had their 15 minutes of fame a long time ago with loans.com. They remind me of elderly rock stars who won't give up.

Haha ;)

•••
they started out taking everything a while back, now they have become very picky.

•••
They remind me of elderly rock stars who won't give up.
[They was] Oh-oh-oh-oh-Oh- Too old, to rock'n roll- and oh, Too young, to die.

After tuning into, and watching a bit of last nights MusicAwards show, Mick, Bruce, Eric, Neil, Rod, Bonnie and the gang are starting to sound, (I didn't say look), alot better. :hehe: (PS is it too early to list Bono in w/ this group?)

GreatDomains does take certain non-dictionary names. I have some non-dict 3 char names listed w/ them, but I am still uncertain as to their criteria. It does shift from time to time, ie they are listing one of my .cc names now, and were not accepting .cc, a few months back.

•••
If you don't mind me shifting this thread's focus from the talented lamp designer's post, I'd like to ask: How many NPers who have had names listed at GreatDomains have actually sold them through there?

•••
Shifting along to the talented webmaster and domainer, Anthony's inquiry:
Listed- 5
Sold- 0
Most of my sales come via direct inquiries from my site or from whois searches, and not from name sales sites, so listing them, if nothing else, gains exposure for them.

•••
No

I haven't had any negative expierences with www.GreatDomains.com. I just haven't sold any of my domains listed on there yet!!!! LOL. Wait, I guess that is a negative expierence, huh??? Oh well, I'm hoping it will change to a "positive" expierence someday... like some cash flowing my way... !!! :sold:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back