Domain Empire

What do you prefer for coding?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I prefer notepad and a little dreamweaver mx :)

What about the rest of you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PoorDoggie said:
Dreamweaver = Great... its what I do all my coding with now
FrontPage = NO NO NO... its awful. It only has HTML and ASP support (i don't code asp, so I don't know that as a fact... just a rumor). The layout is rubbish and it keeps adding stupid folders in my website (_vti_cnf - what is this? its just a copy of the other files... so eventually you end up with 2x the amount of files!!!)

Front Page is quite easily the worst program one can use for building a website. Actually, MS Word is just as bad. Ever view the source code of a MS Word generated HTML file? OMG.

•••
Dreamweaver MX and HTML-Kit...

•••
I would get dreamweaver, but it is too expensive for me.

However, I usually use notepad or some equivelent of it these days.

•••
DreamWeaver and Adobe GoLive

Both of them are code and script generators and function very well. A all in one package. :D

The software also allow accessibility and follow most of the Web Standards set by the W3C Consortium, so I use both software packages to satisfy my working needs.

Designers should remember to use the ‘Report’ tools and debugging tools so their sites are XHTML Compliance and run the URL of the site through the code mark-up validaters

•••
Steveh said:
I would get dreamweaver, but it is too expensive for me.

However, I usually use notepad or some equivelent of it these days.

you can always buy it off ebay for cheaper
B-)

•••
•••
dreamweaver mx

stevegarbz said:
I prefer notepad and a little dreamweaver mx :)

What about the rest of you?
i prefer dreamweaver mx for coding.

•••
DreamWeaver.
Great name, great software!
Now if only I had better web-design skills! ;)

•••
vi, and only vi. It's so much better than dreamweaver, there's just no comparasion.

Lets try, though: Pay hundreds of dollars for a product that takes up hundreds of megabytes, does most of your work for you, creates ugly code, and runs primarily on a crappy operating system, or get a better quality editor for free that fits on a floppy, supports more lanauges for coloring, does not generate crappy code, and runs on any operating system.

Hm...

•••
www.logicmatrixonline.com free, awesome, better than most you have to pay for, i use it! the freeware version comes with a binary editor, and ifelse editor, which i have never used, but i think it is a half, half page wysiwyg and editor, smart editor which has view wysiwyg, code!

•••
Wow :o how did this thread get so popular :)

•••
notepad is alright for quick editing though

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back