IT.COM

What CMS are you using?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I have tried a lot over the years and usually settle on WordPress. Just looking to try something new, what are some good alternatives? I am looking to build a site that will have a lot of small bits of content, think of tweets, could be just text, might include pictures, etc... but I want to display them in categories and have multiple on a page at once, not in a linear way, sort of all over the place...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends on your goals,expense and what you want the site to do.Usually for a simple blog type website,WordPress is enough.Because it's very user-friendly and simple for non developers.If you need a highly customized site, you must use some other CMS like Drupal and Joomla. Drupal is the best choice for a customized web design. If you feel very difficult to handle these CMS then its better to consult a web design company.

•••
I also tend to go back to wordpress... it can be a bit limiting at times but the one major benefit for me are the plugins.

•••
Thanks for the replies! I have experience in web design so I am not worried about tacking a different CMS, I have built custom sites from scratch in the past too... The big issue now is time so I was looking for others experiences to see what else is out there and what other are using...

•••
http://impresspages.org

Pros: Modern code base, mobile ready, drag and drop editing, custom events available but not needed unless you're making plugins. Good selection of plugins available.

Cons: Lack of themes.

Last edited:
•••
A mixture of WordPress and Drupal - all depends on the clients needs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back