IT.COM

advice What are the fast selling domain categories?

NameSilo
Watch

Ephrem Firew Asrat

Established Member
Impact
Hello Experienced Members and Experts at namePros,

I would like to know what are the fast selling domain name categories as I am heading to enter the domain flipping business deeply.

Thank you.
Ephrem Firew Asrat

Domains Owned:

1. Habtam.com - Brand Compatible - For International Business Website.
  2. NewsRedirect.com - Brand Compatible - For International News Sharing Website.
  3. EthiopianNews247.com - Brand Compatible - For Local and Continental News Sharing Website.
  4. EthioAddressBook.com - Brand Compatible - For Local and Continental Business Directory Website.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, welcome to NP.

There is no fast in this business. Get some knowledge first. Read through this forum, it's free!

Hope that helps :xf.wink:

•••
Let me know when you find out.:xf.grin:

Read and learn.
Good luck to you!:xf.smile:

•••
I guess liquid domains (3L,4L etc.) would be the fastest to sell as they're always in demand. Good quality brandable domains seem to do well also. Best of luck :)

•••
2L, 3L and 4L dot com were surely fastest to sell
pronouncable 4L .com such as HELP.COM or USER.COM were also fast to sell especially if your selling price were under 100K

•••
Buyy new tlds, they sell fast, especially .global and .xyz.

•••
I try to list what in my mind, comments are really welcome....

#1: the best but rare: single/simple word.com, like sex.com, passion.com, help.com....all those are gem easy to sell(if not become a real website yet)... but don't touch those people emphysize it is a dictionary word, even it is true dictionary word, but if everyone need check dictionary to find what it means, it normally not quick sell..

#2: the LLL.com in most case, specially if this is a well known abbreviation or it is easy to pronouce/brand...like IBM.com, KAX.com, and any other is for sure easy to sell, no matter what LLL

#3: the LLLL.com, even random can easily go to quick sell, if it is pronoucable or chinese PINYIN abbreviation with good meaning, it will much desired by the market.....

#4: the i+strongkeyword.com if make sense....of some any Letter+strongkeyword, or strongkeyword+anyletter.com while make some sense

#5: the so call brandable, I am not sure, I see lot of people sell brandbucket approved name here in 5% or 10% price or just less than $50....it toally denpends on the feeling and sense...big challange to none-native -english speaker like me, I have no idea what is means "sounds better, or looks cool"...haha

#5: the word+word.com, OK, it seems most people play in this area....it is a real challange game...u need have good sense + good luck, but in most case, they are easy to resell or sell, but the price is totally depends on the quality of the combination.

#6: .cn, .de, co.uk, is most desired cctld for their country or language.

#7 .io, .ai, is most desired cctld but used as gtld.

#8: the ngtld, who knows, good luck...but I personally feel singleword.### still value IF the combination do make marketing sense... that why I also reg a few..

•••
sorry, for #7, I forget .co, that is great extension fall into #7.....I need some sleep now.

•••
Nothing is fast to sell but some are more likely to sell. Price can slow down a fast sale sometimes speed up a sale depending on perception of the market value. If you want quick money then invest in something else. If you can think up a registration fee domain so can next guy. A domain needs to exactly describe the business or be a short simple brand and not seen as a second choice. You will need to renew your investment every year till you sell it. If you find yourself flipping domans fast your probably not doing yourself any favors and if other domainers are buying up your domains then they most likely have a better marketing plan.

•••
I try to list what in my mind, comments are really welcome....

#1: the best but rare: single/simple word.com, like sex.com, passion.com, help.com....all those are gem easy to sell(if not become a real website yet)... but don't touch those people emphysize it is a dictionary word, even it is true dictionary word, but if everyone need check dictionary to find what it means, it normally not quick sell..

#2: the LLL.com in most case, specially if this is a well known abbreviation or it is easy to pronouce/brand...like IBM.com, KAX.com, and any other is for sure easy to sell, no matter what LLL

#3: the LLLL.com, even random can easily go to quick sell, if it is pronoucable or chinese PINYIN abbreviation with good meaning, it will much desired by the market.....

#4: the i+strongkeyword.com if make sense....of some any Letter+strongkeyword, or strongkeyword+anyletter.com while make some sense

#5: the so call brandable, I am not sure, I see lot of people sell brandbucket approved name here in 5% or 10% price or just less than $50....it toally denpends on the feeling and sense...big challange to none-native -english speaker like me, I have no idea what is means "sounds better, or looks cool"...haha

#5: the word+word.com, OK, it seems most people play in this area....it is a real challange game...u need have good sense + good luck, but in most case, they are easy to resell or sell, but the price is totally depends on the quality of the combination.

#6: .cn, .de, co.uk, is most desired cctld for their country or language.

#7 .io, .ai, is most desired cctld but used as gtld.

#8: the ngtld, who knows, good luck...but I personally feel singleword.### still value IF the combination do make marketing sense... that why I also reg a few..

These names are in the pas friend. As they say in stocks, the past is not a good predictor of the future.

Stick with quality new tlds in well marketed extensions. Think .global, .xyz, .club, that is the cornerstone of of future domain wealth.

•••
Liquid domains are just like Gold, They go up and down, But will sell no matter what, even if you break even or take a small loss, they will sell, that with .com being the most reliable.

The only way to make fast sales is to have good capital leverage to buy on the aftermarket, But with the aftermarket being so saturated, you will pay close to a premium for your names won at auction houses, so your profit will be slim if you flip the domain quickly. Many times domainers as well as end user buyers will be able to see what you paid for your auction site domains, there is a pretty decent amount of transparency showing domain name sales with prices paid. This could be a lucrative method to make some revolving quick cash, but very strategic methods would need to be used to achieve high success.

There is really no way to come into the domain industry and hit the ground running. unless you are only looking to make between $5 to $25 a name. and with that said, trying to keep inventory doing that is VERY VERY hard, there just isn't enough inventory to try and run that horse race.

You are far better off picking your names very wisely and be prepared to hold them a while, 6 months to 1 year to make a decent profit off of each name you sell.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back