West.cn launches West.xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
China-based domain registrar West.cn has launched West.xyz, a website that appears to target the English speaking audience. The company will continue to operate its West.cn website separately from West.xyz.

West.cn tweeted:

West.xyz , the English version of WEST.CN is officially launched

According to nTLDStats.com, West.cn owns the largest market share of registered new gTLD domain names. At the time of publication, West.cn has a slightly more than 4.5 million registered new gTLD domain names under management, making up more than 19% of all registered new gTLD domain names.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks really interesting move by them.

•••
in fact, west.cn main business is host service, not domains...

•••
for those who say that this a sign that .xyz is catching on i the East. It appeared West.cn had various deals and business partnerships with the .xyz registry in the past so I would interpret this more of a sign of a healthy business relationship rather than a natural adaption of an extension.

Another well known registrar switched to .top recently. see: now.top. These are publicity stunts mostly. IMO.

•••
actually, host service is not only the main business, now the domain names is also our strengthen,especially new GTLD.

•••
•••
Looks good but there are a few translations that need to be worked on. One of the security question options is "What's your father?" lol

Also after filling out the security questions, it says successful setup and the OK button is in Chinese.

j4Vt3OC.png

•••
•••
West.cn, provides domain registration, web hosting service since it was founded in 2002. While domain trade available in 2013, domain mortgage loan (dai.top) began in 2015, and this year we launch English version (west.xyz) of our platform for global domain investors. So far, there are more than 11 million domains registered at west.cn.

•••
Looks good but there are a few translations that need to be worked on. One of the security question options is "What's your father?" lol

Also after filling out the security questions, it says successful setup and the OK button is in Chinese.

j4Vt3OC.png
thanks for your advice , we have renew the translation.

•••
•••
They have a very cheap price for .cc!
@westdotcn what about whois privacy price? I don't find it in your "prices" page.

P.S. Welcome on board @westdotcn !

•••
Last edited:
•••
Hello, we have difficulty adding domain for sale or for auction. Account verify page gets freeze and nothing more happen.
https://www.west.xyz/en/manager/usermanager/Verify.asp
Is there anything we are missing in the settings or this is on your side?
Thanks

Hello, there is account settings on the left side of management center. Click and then you can see account verify. If you would like to release third-party sale or auction, you need to add the registrant email address and then we will send an email to you for verification. Once you complete this , you can release deal successfully.

Attachments

• abcxyz.png
    abcxyz.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 33
•••
They have a very cheap price for .cc!
@westdotcn what about whois privacy price? I don't find it in your "prices" page.

P.S. Welcome on board @westdotcn !

Hello, currently, we only supports whois privacy for .cn/com/net, if you want to enjoy the whois protection, you can add a template for your domain, then fill in incorrect information and transfer your domain under this template to have such effect.

Thanks for your support!

•••
I see you paid $5K for west.xyz, how important was this domain to you, what was the maximum you were willing to pay?

•••
I see you paid $5K for west.xyz, how important was this domain to you, what was the maximum you were willing to pay?
we think $5K is acceptable for us.

•••
@westdotcn

please, I'm new in West.xyz, could you explain me these points:

Ordinary Transactions(without review,2.00% handling fee for the withdrawal and 1.00% for the transaction that cannot withdraw.)

GreatDomains Auction
(with review,4.00% handling fee for the withdrawal and 3.00% for the transaction that cannot withdraw.)

Do I pay fee in advance, or for exposure?

What is the difference between "ordinary transactions" and " GreatDomains Auction"

The function OTC trading is similar to "make offer"?

Thanks

•••
@westdotcn

please, I'm new in West.xyz, could you explain me these points:

Ordinary Transactions(without review,2.00% handling fee for the withdrawal and 1.00% for the transaction that cannot withdraw.)

GreatDomains Auction
(with review,4.00% handling fee for the withdrawal and 3.00% for the transaction that cannot withdraw.)

Do I pay fee in advance, or for exposure?

What is the difference between "ordinary transactions" and " GreatDomains Auction"

The function OTC trading is similar to "make offer"?

Thanks
HI,sorry to trouble you!
Ordinary Transactions includes two methods of transaction: buy it now and fire sale.
Great Domains Auction means MI Auction, which domains can be auctioned only when these domains get reviewed by our staff. We will choose these valuable ones, not everyone domain can be auctioned on MI Auction.
So the difference between "ordinary transactions" and " Great Domains Auction" is review, or without review.
As for handling fee, you should pay it only after finishing your transactions, payment in advance is not required.
The function OTC trading is similar to "make offer", but OTC trading is not available for oversea domainers for the moment.
if any questions ,please let me know.
hope you have a nice weekend!

•••
According to GMO Registry, the first .shop domain is used by French Ecommerce Solution Provider Wizishop. The domain is Wizi.shop.
How do you think ?

•••
West.xyz is not resolving for me. Anyone else experiencing this?

•••
West.xyz is not resolving for me. Anyone else experiencing this?
hi, what's the problem you met? Do you have skype, our staff can help you to solve it

•••
west.xyz down since yesterday. I cant access it not to talk of accessing my domains. Anyone here experiencing same?

•••
west.xyz down since yesterday. I cant access it not to talk of accessing my domains. Anyone here experiencing same?
hi , could you kindly tell me which country you are from, that may help us find what's the problem, we are trying to make west.xyz better.

•••
hi , could you kindly tell me which country you are from, that may help us find what's the problem, we are trying to make west.xyz better.
hi, we have resolved it ,you can visit it now!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back