GMM

Impact
Is this possible?

Example
I sell lawn grass
and so does a big box store

When someone types in lawn grass for sale
The big box store comes up first
Then somewhere in the following pages you may find me.

I know that the big box company pays to have their name come up to the top
I don’t have that kind of money - so the big box store wins.

What if - I found a way to challenge this program.
If the machines are looking for clicks for rankings then I have to find a way to earn clicks.
Without paying for them and gather all of the analytic data.
I would not beat them but, I would for sure rank higher and increase my chances to earn the customer.

Thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is this possible?

Example
I sell lawn grass
and so does a big box store

When someone types in lawn grass for sale
The big box store comes up first
Then somewhere in the following pages you may find me.

I know that the big box company pays to have their name come up to the top
I don’t have that kind of money - so the big box store wins.

What if - I found a way to challenge this program.
If the machines are looking for clicks for rankings then I have to find a way to earn clicks.
Without paying for them and gather all of the analytic data.
I would not beat them but, I would for sure rank higher and increase my chances to earn the customer.

Thoughts?
It's not quite that easy; search engines like Google use sophisticated mechanics to identify organic traffic. The best way to increase site views is to treat it like a job by producing quality content and getting the word out.

•••
Yes i agree content is a king always , you need some quality content and research keywords

•••
Your advantage here is that you specialize in lawn grass, whereas the big box store sells 100,000 different items.

Also, the fact that a store is ranking at the top and you SELL the product too gives you a leg-up over blogs that just write ABOUT lawn grass, because Google is showing us that the intent of that SERP (as Google understands it) is to help people buy lawn grass.

You can find related keywords like "which type of lawn grass" and so on to explore in a blog section, as well, and that type of Keyword would have an informational intent as opposed to commercial intent.

You, as a site specializing in one topic, you can carefully craft articles to meet the intent of every single keyword that's related to lawn grass, whereas the big box store is never going to be able to flesh things out nearly as much for each product they sell.

You'll be able to better optimize your "buy lawn grass" page compared to a big box store who is ranking by virtue of the power of your domain. You can do it by virtue of relevance, optimization, and elbow grease.

You don't need to play silly games like buying clicks and microworkers and all that, just do things the right away, stop looking at yourself as a huge underdog who needs to cheat, and you'll be able to unlock long-term rankings.

You can absolutely outrank big box stores that aren't able to optimize as well for these keywords.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back