Dynadot

Website Designer Needed

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I deal mostly in the business of domain names. However, I have also had a fair amount of experience with website development and the actual running of websites. I will admit that my own design skills are lacking, yet I am very good at marketing, advertising, finances, basically the business side of websites. I have a good amount of domains at the moment and I am interested in developing a few of them.

What I am looking for is a partner or two to help on the technical side. You would do the website design and it would be your job to keep the website actually running and have it hosted. Depending on the site, you might 1. Be responsible for the content 2. Work with me and volunteers to provide content 3. Simply be in charge of placing content that is given to you on the website. You must have very good skills with web design and preferably would have some examples to show of past work.

Money wise, you would be responsible for paying for the hosting. However, you actually would be the lucky one as it will be my job to pay for the marketing expenses and I have already paid for the domains. Let me repeat myself in saying that this is a serious project we are talking about here. Therefore, I plan to spend heavily to carry out the marketing plan that I plan develop with the site.

Below is a list of domains that I have that could be used for development. If you have a domain that you would like to have me work you on that is also a possibility.

collectingtreasures.com
collectorauction.com
ecapitalized.com
onlinewebeditor.com
ticketsboxoffice.com
webcontentauction.com
motorbid.com
gbadvanced.com
gaming-talk.com
winninglotterytickets.com
ifeelguilty.com
linksauction.com
musicvideowebsite.com
webpagelink.com

Please either PM me or email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Originally posted by mrjetguy
You must have very good skills with web design and preferably would have some examples to show of past work.

Maybe you could show some of your past work, just to give developers an idea of how your work has turned out (ie. current marketing strats, or already developed sites)

•••
Good idea- Sites that I have worked with in the past include csinformant.com and clanhut.com. With clanhut.com I was really just going to do marketing and my partners were supposed to finance. Of course, they didn't come through with their desinging or financing so that is now junk. CSinformant.com I actually did everything and that is stil going well :) However, I have passed the reigns onto my partner who I was just helping get started really (even though I had to register the domain and finance).

•••
Ok, so you're looking for a designer to design and host your sites. May I ask what the designer gets out of this deal? You just didn't seem to make that clear in your post.
Thanks.

•••
Originally posted by Light
Ok, so you're looking for a designer to design and host your sites. May I ask what the designer gets out of this deal? You just didn't seem to make that clear in your post.
Thanks.

I am wondering the exact same thing. :zzz:

•••
You would get a percent of the business. Up to 50% depending on how much work you ahve to put into it.

•••
Thanks for the clarification, mrjetguy. After hearing that, I agree that you are offering a good partnership. :)

•••
Can you provide us some traffic details for CSinformant.com listed above, when did it go online, what have the marketing efforts been to date.

It seems you are asking the designer to handle a large portion of the operation i.e. Build, Maintain and Host the site. Given the potential downside further information is required to make a educated decision on ROI

•••
Obviously I am asking the designer to do a lot of work. I am expecting to spend a lot more in the financing part and the business side of websites is often neglected. Few realize just how much work it can be (if done properly). I like your current site centerpoint. I wil provide you with a stats picture tomorrow night on csinformant.com. As far as going online it was March and I probably put about $500 into marketing on various sponsorships, game servers, banner ads, apparel give-a-ways, etc.

•••
Actually, we are not interested as we don't do "Free" work however the information should be posted for those that may be considering your offer.

I notice that although you say csinformant has been online since March and you have spent $500 in marketing, it only has one back link, minimal links in google and the sites forum has not been posted too since early June.

•••
Originally posted by CenterPoint
Actually, we are not interested as we don't do "Free" work however the information should be posted for those that may be considering your offer.

I notice that although you say csinformant has been online since March and you have spent $500 in marketing, it only has one back link, minimal links in google and the sites forum has not been posted too since early June.

If you wish to question my integrity please PM me first for more info ;) Also, if you call this free work you are showing that you are totally missing the point.

•••
No one is questioning your integrity. However, some solid facts are required before anyone can make an educated decision on if to accept your proposal or not.

You cannot expect the designer to take risks without benefit or compensation. Sceptic yes!! doubting your intentions No. Over the years I have seen hundreds of these offers. Many even during the boom went nowhere despite the good intentions of all parties

As to my comment about Free work, at this point there is no income and no guarantee of income so it is Free.

•••
Ok, I misunderrstood what you were saying. I admit that there are risks both parties.

I thank you for clearing some things up :)

•••
I agree 100% with what CenterPoint is trying to say. As stated by him:

some solid facts are required before anyone can make an educated decision on if to accept your proposal or not

This is very true. You can't expect someone to take a risk on something without having substantial facts beforehand.

at this point there is no income and no guarantee of income so it is Free

And again... yet another valid point.

Just my $.02
-Good luck!
:]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back