NameSilo

WebEx Sues Citrix For CyberSquatting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Online meeting service provider WebEx said Thursday it's filed a lawsuit against rival Citrix alleging, among other things, cybersquatting.
The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in San Francisco, alleges that Citrix purchased a slew of domain names on the same day last month that WebEx launched MyWebExPC, a free Web-based PC-to-PC remote access service. Citrix sells a similar service, GoToMyPC, to individuals and enterprises.

WebEx claimed that Citrix unlawfully purchased the domain names webexpc.com, mypcwebex.com, mypcwebx.com, my-webex-pc.com, mywebexpcfree.com, mywebxpcfree.com, mywebexpro.com, mywebxpro.com, mywebexpcpro.com, and mywebxpcpro.com.

http://informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=59300905

-Allan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
People are always sueing somebody because of this or that... I find it funny why people sue people....

Just to funny,,

•••
I don't know, I tend to not think of this as frivilous.
If my biggest competitor registered every derivative of my name, I'd view that as fundamentally unfair/unjust as far as competitive practices go.
-Allan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back