news Web.com to be acquired for $25 a share or $2Billion

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Web.com the company that owns Register.com and Network Solutions is being purchased in an all cash deal worth approximately $2 billion. Web.com acquired Register.com in 2010 for $135 million. Web.com acquired Network Solutions company in 2011 for $405 million and 18 million stock shares. Stock traded as high as $37.72 in March of 2014. Full Press release JACKSONVILLE, … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
remaining agile and focused on delivering best-in-class solutions to its customers

LOL

•••
If I've learned something from my short time domaining it's that this is seriously undervalued. :xf.eek: I mean come on, it's a LLL, a CVC and a short dictionary word in .king!

Last edited:
•••
So two crappy registrars combine forces to become a bigger crappy registrar network. Hopefully they merge with DomFam too. Then we have one mega notorious villain to avoid, rather than multiple smaller mid-level bosses.

•••
So two crappy registrars combine forces to become a bigger crappy registrar network. Hopefully they merge with DomFam too. Then we have one mega notorious villain to avoid, rather than multiple smaller mid-level bosses.
What combination are you talking about?

•••
I think this was a good price for web.com. I think they monetized their (crappy) portfolio quite well considering all the controversies with NetSol and stolen domains. They gain to make a profit from the sale. I think it remains to be seen if the new owners will reap all (or any) of the benefits from the purchase. Personally. I'm not confident. I think it's a heap of "shoot" that they bought. I wonder if they actually realize how much trouble they have purchased.

I've got a bucket load of domains I could sell them for just $1M :)

Last edited:
•••
web.com - great domain, cr@p services

•••
•••
What happen to we that have domain with netsol?

•••
•••
Maybe the new owner of the company will actually care....

•••
•••
What happen to we that have domain with netsol?

You deserve whatever you get for being so lackadaisical about looking after your investments.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back