Domain Empire

Warning to bank of America account holders!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know that most people would probably recognize this right away but i just thought i would post it anyway! So i have received an e-mail from a supposed bank of america e-mail address ([email protected]) that said:

Security Update Notification

Dear Valued Customer :

We are unable to activate your account because we have just upgraded our online security parameters to make your Bank account and informations more secured from online frauds,so we request that you reconfirm your online Banking details with the one we have on file before you will be able to send and receive money online.

Your account may be place on restricted status. Restricted accounts continue to receive payments, but they are limited in their ability to send or withdraw funds. To lift this restriction, you need to login into your account (with your username or SSN and your password), then you have to complete our verification process. You must reconfirm your credit card details and your billing information as well. All restricted accounts have their billing information unconfirmed, meaning that you may no longer send money from your account until you have reconfirm your billing information on file.

Click here to Sign in to Online Banking to reactivate your Bank account now.

Thank You.

First of all i would just like to piont out that the america on the e-mail address is spelled wrong. Next, there was a verification link in the message and The Bank Of America's Policy clearly states that they will not e-mail you with this kind of stuff. and Third, I'm not even a bank of america account holder :hehe:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
its catchy tho. people don't look at that kind of stuff. well most don't.
be pretty funny if you were in like Australia and you were getting those "amirica" bank emails :P

•••
hawk778 said:
First of all i would just like to piont out that the america on the e-mail address is spelled wrong. Next, there was a verification link in the message and The Bank Of America's Policy clearly states that they will not e-mail you with this kind of stuff. and Third, I'm not even a bank of america account holder :hehe:
Fourth, there are quite a few grammatical errors in the email. It's a real shame that there are actually bigger idiots than the people who compose these things.

•••
phishing via email is generally known now-days, I think the new scam is caller id phishing...

you may not think the email is legit, but a call with your bank's name in the caller id may fool you :-/

•••
Over here we call it 'Amurca' :D

•••
Wow, nice. This stuff just keeps getting more complex every day.

•••
LOL... Recieved the same email this morning and I as well am not a BofA account holder.

•••
Almost all of that type of dreck gets caught by my filters, and the ones that dont I tend to share with the forum as examples of "quality" work done by the phishers.

I also mass mail my friends and family... (non industry) to warn them not to fall for any of these.

We have to remember we have the advantages over the general pubic, and should warn everyone we can.

What is obvious to us.... ;)

Cy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back