Dynadot

[Wanted] Cheap .CO.UK Registrar + Transfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
im currently looking for a cheap .CO.UK registrar that also support the transfer of a .CO.UK to and from.

Thankyou In Advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Think enom is one of the cheapest anyway, like $6 a year 2 year minimum.

•••
anyone got a cheap enom account? ;)

•••
I can set up one for you just pm me.
Looking what the prices will be now.

•••
•••
GoDaddy offers .co.uk names at a cheap rate, I believe.

•••
I can set up a enom account for you with FREE.
Price:
New Renew Transfer
.co.uk $7.99 $7.99 $7.99
.org.uk $7.99 $7.99 $7.99

If you like you can PM me
See my sign for the details info and price info.

Bean

•••
If you have a UK address then www.1and1.co.uk offer .uk @ £1.99 yr (min 2yrs) +VAT

Also www123reg.co.uk are £2.59 yr (min 2 yrs) +VAT with a small discount for bulk purchases.

The 1and1 price is less tthan the registry fee!

Both offer transfers I believe.

•••
lowcostnames £7.50 / 2 years free pushing/transfers/url forwarding/email etc etc

•••
Rikkers said:
If you have a UK address then www.1and1.co.uk offer .uk @ £1.99 yr (min 2yrs) +VAT

do not touch them you will regret it in the long run.

Regarding enom and .co.uk the way they transfer is still somewhat awkward.

I would suggest only using them at the moment for new reg's

•••
do not touch them you will regret it in the long run

Why do you say that?

I have used them for years now, and although their control panel is somewhat lacking, for the hundreds of names I own I think the savings probably outweigh the drawbacks.

Before anyone asks, I'm not afilliated with them in any way whatsoever! :bah:

•••
collieri said:
lowcostnames £7.50 / 2 years free pushing/transfers/url forwarding/email etc etc

The cheepest co.uk name I found was 16 pence per MONTH, I don't remember the site but I could probabally find it again if you would like. But thats not really cheep, 7.15 USDs approximatly (I think, I was just guessing) and it had some registration fee which was a couple of pounds.

•••
Rikkers said:
Why do you say that?

I have used them for years now, and although their control panel is somewhat lacking, for the hundreds of names I own I think the savings probably outweigh the drawbacks.

Before anyone asks, I'm not afilliated with them in any way whatsoever! :bah:

sorry for the long delay in response but anyway wait until you have a probl;em with them then you may get shafted.

Also look at how much proper control you have over the domain name, near none at all.

•••
Ok i've just registered quite a few names with someone who charges almost double that , so i'm abit naffed off.
anyway,
why do you say that you will get shafted by "1and1"?
what are they likely to do?

if you own the domain and it allows DNS changes/email/masking and transfers - what more do i need?

I do notice they are not a member of the main uk internet body nominet.co.uk however. (whereas the registrar i had used was)

•••
if you have any disputes with them they will hold your domain until it expires then pass itto where you want and of course then you have to scramble where to register it.

You say you can do transfers have you actually looked into what you have to do to accomplish it.

•••
I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about, I managed to complete a .co.uk transfer away from oneandone to enom without any problems. (This was very recently. Last year I also managed to transfer another .co.uk domain from oneandone to UKReg without any issues)

The process:

- Login to the contract admin page, select cancel contract, select the correct cancellation, option provide new registrar's ipstag.

- Print out pre-filled contract cancellation confirmation, sign it and fax it to a UK number.

- My domain's ipstag was changed within 36 hours of me having faxed the form.

.....and OneandOne still haven't even charged me for the domain :p

- Omar

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back