Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

andypol

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys. Appraise please Vodka .group

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like the name. It is very good keyword, and there are some companies who might use .group too - large vodka producers. Obviously research is needed, but I guess if some producer likes it, it can fetch mid XXXX+

It is up to you to try to find and present benefits for end user, as probability of end user to search directly for this combination is still slim in 2017. If the renewal is reasonable, it is a keeper name, if renewal is high, I would suggest to do some outbound marketing for it.

•••
Thanks, are there any further opinions?

•••
•••
•••
thank you for your appreciation, but I'm sure you're wrong)

If he's wrong, it's only because he appraised it too high. .Group isn't a big seller...very few have sold at all. I personally wouldn't pay anything for it.

•••
I think the odds are stacked against you.
  • vodkagroup.com is for sale for $3295, you certainly can't ask more than that
  • string 'vodkagroup' is available in other extensions
  • only 3 reported .group sales
While searching for possible end users, I stumbled upon 'Vodka Creative group' aka Vodka agency, and they use the domain 40vol.ru.
There is also Organic Vodka Group that appears to be an architecture interior design venture from Finland.

I parsed the .com zone file and I found 3 domains registered that contain the string 'vodkagroup':
  • ORGANICVODKAGROUP.COM
  • SMARTVODKAGROUP.COM
  • VODKAGROUP.COM
None of these names are developed currently.

vodkagroup.ru is unregistered... another sign.

That's it, I don't think there a lot of possible buyers on this planet for your domain name. Even selling the .com counterpart could be challenging and require patience. But selling a new TLD requires more than patience. I think a lot of luck is going to be necessary.

thank you for your appreciation, but I'm sure you're wrong)
How much is worth a domain name that has no buyers ? :) If you can't sell it, then it has no resale value regardless of its merits.

•••
I think the odds are stacked against you.
  • vodkagroup.com is for sale for $3295, you certainly can't ask more than that
  • string 'vodkagroup' is available in other extensions
  • only 3 reported .group sales
While searching for possible end users, I stumbled upon 'Vodka Creative group' aka Vodka agency, and they use the domain 40vol.ru.
There is also Organic Vodka Group that appears to be an architecture interior design venture from Finland.

I parsed the .com zone file and I found 3 domains registered that contain the string 'vodkagroup':
  • ORGANICVODKAGROUP.COM
  • SMARTVODKAGROUP.COM
  • VODKAGROUP.COM
None of these names are developed currently.

vodkagroup.ru is unregistered... another sign.

That's it, I don't think there a lot of possible buyers on this planet for your domain name. Even selling the .com counterpart could be challenging and require patience. But selling a new TLD requires more than patience. I think a lot of luck is going to be necessary.

How much is worth a domain name that has no buyers ? :) If you can't sell it, then it has no resale value regardless of its merits.

Nice appraisal Kate, spot on... but I'm more impressed that you gave a clear, detailed and fair appraisal without once saying anything bad about nGTLD's :wacky::xf.grin:

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back