IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Perceptron

"What you seek, is seeking you!"Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Look at it from a domain investing standpoint. Do you agree or disagree that when end users have more choices, those that want to use alternate extensions, it gives you less bargaining power or more? Somebody comes at you with x, you reply with y, they go and get another extension and pay z. Some of them are very similar, wouldn't be hard to do at all.

A small start-up have named their business "ABC media" (just a stupid example). They need a good domain name, but the best available .COM they can find is Abcmediaagency.com. It's too long. Then they find Abcmedia.com for sale for 100,000 dollar and Abc.media for sale for 10,000.

•••
Usually company names are available for Reg fee unless somebody's squatting on it. Then they can always get their company name in one of the general new extensions, again for reg fee.

•••
I can read sales charts. This isn't some super secret information. I think some of you avoid them like the plague. You don't want to look at reg numbers, don't want to look at sales, don't want to look at any real data. Just want to say, let's wait 10-15 years and hope and pray.

I'm happy enough with my sales and offers I recieved already in this short period of time. That's my primary source of data. You know sales charts don't always tell you the truth.

In my book quality beats numbers.

•••
•••
Sorry OP for drifting away,
IMO try to flip those and if you don't succeed don't renew them. Why, because there are so many possible extensions that will equal a "brandinization" like ninja.

•••
•••
So after reading all the messages on here is it safe to assume that .COM's are still the king of extensions? I too was wondering about these new extensions but even as a novice myself I just can't seem to "bite" on the idea. In any case I just got off the phone with Namejet.com and was wondering why they didn't accept my domains with their domain auction. I noticed that domains were fetching high prices on there but it was explained to me that to be on there your domain had to be backordered. So I'm like "how the hell can I get my domains backordered" and the guy said it's really all done through the domain registrar when people find interest in a domain or the registrar submitted domains that were expiring soon.

Can anyone comment on here I know this is the wrong thread for this but seems like people are very smart on here at least in this thread. Can listing a domain on Sedo really fetch such high prices like over $2000?
I've been thinking about "taking the plunge" into just paying for the SEDO auction for $60. is it worth it?

I feel like it would not be a "just set it and forget it" type thing. That I will still need to market my auction externally like on here or facebook or linkedin? If that's the case any ideas on where I can market my domain auction? I mean the auctions only last 7 days so I'm going to need to have all marketing material ready before I even make the auction LIVE right?

•••
Usually company names are available for Reg fee unless somebody's squatting on it. Then they can always get their company name in one of the general new extensions, again for reg fee.

Many companies require exact match names. From my own experience, some of the new gTLDs that I've sold have made the buyer's original URL clearly shorter and probably more memorable. Just as an example, I sold a four letter .CLUB to a middle-sized sports company.

Me / we have already "destroyed" this appraisal thread, but this will be my last post on this here.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back