NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaseall

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really like the name. Not sure bout its value.

•••
Superb name ...

As far as value goes, hard to say !
My valuation:

$XXXX - $XXXX (Mid - High)

Hold it and wait for the gtld market to appreciate ! To the right enduser could be worth a whole lot ... Reach to out to some gaming magazines ! Or reach out to Pewdiepie himself ;)
Quote him six figures, he can afford it. Haha. And the name is worth that much if developed ! Advertising would be killer ... All he does is video game reviews and he makes close to $7,000,000 USD a year and as his career has been going with books and merchandise ; safe to say he has $15M free flow cash to spend ...

•••
Again I agree with Pierre .. I really like it .. not sure about value, but definitely amongst top tier for gTLD's. It's domains like this that gTLD's were made for IMO.

BIG factor of its value is it's cost however ... is it a "premium"? What are the annual renewal rates on this domain? If the annual cost is more than a couple hundred dollars then the resell value of this domain takes a significant hit ...

•••
Page results on Google for an exact match are almost 1.5 million and just in the top 20 results I could see how this domain could rank nicely. That was searched as videogame as two words, video game. Dramatic drop when searched as one word. It would be difficult to beat out companies like Cnet, Gamespot, and IGN for the top spots. So, maybe approach them and see if there is any interest? Pewdiepie, as Alessandro mentioned might be a good option also. Or even his competitors. Average monthly search in planner shows 1-10K. I would think you could fetch a low to mid $X,XXX amount with the right buyer. Maybe more as I don't know this market very well. Hope that helps.

•••
Page results on Google for an exact match are almost 1.5 million and just in the top 20 results I could see how this domain could rank nicely. That was searched as videogame as two words, video game. Dramatic drop when searched as one word. It would be difficult to beat out companies like Cnet, Gamespot, and IGN for the top spots. So, maybe approach them and see if there is any interest? Pewdiepie, as Alessandro mentioned might be a good option also. Or even his competitors. Average monthly search in planner shows 1-10K. I would think you could fetch a low to mid $X,XXX amount with the right buyer. Maybe more as I don't know this market very well. Hope that helps.
How would you go about contacting those companies?

•••
Try https://whoisology.com/ or https://whois.icann.org to gain potential customers contact info. Put together a sales inquiry email listing out reasons why they should be interested in your domain. Sometimes the first person you contact is not the right person to talk to but usually, they will forward it on to the person that is. Just keep at it and be patient. The more that you make potential end users aware of your domain, the better.

•••
•••
@DomainDLR Do you think it would be worth posting it on flippa?

•••
mid xxxx to high, really a good domain,
I also liked it
dont expect your best value on flippa, You also need to market your self, try end users,

•••
@DomainDLR Do you think it would be worth posting it on flippa?
I don't think it's a bad place to start. At this point, it's about advertising. Letting everyone know of your unique domain combination. Choose the $9 listing, place a reserve price on it that you're willing to accept, provide as many examples as you can to help establish why the domain has value and then let it ride. Give it at least a 14 day timeframe seeing's how Thanksgiving is next week. This next week will more than likely be a very busy week for video game reviewers such as PewDiePie. It's a very social week for them. However, this presents an opportunity to create a custom email wishing them happy holidays and that will help to avoid the spam box. I wouldn't mention the Flippa listing. If your reserve price has not been met, you can end the auction at anytime. I wouldn't expect any response till the following week. Just be diligent and with a little patience, who knows... Keep us updated and good luck.

•••
Thanks everyone! You have all been very helpful!

•••
•••
€ XXX - € XXXX (Mid - High)

•••
•••
•••
Put this in the vault for a few years if you can. No reason to sell it in the current market. You could get huge ROI if your patient.

•••
Thanks Slader for saying what I was going to after analysing the comentary on this thread.

Chaseall, this is the Perfect Hybrid for gaming reviews, in fact it is way better than VideoGameReview.com. Forget about renewal costs, flipa and Advertising has little to do with this 'Category Killer' Doman Name.

The only thing you need to worry about is regging this Gold Mine up for 10 years and to be patient, seriously.

Regards.matt

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back