Domain Empire

Versign's New NameStore Program

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Verisign will soon be launching a "NameStore" concept that will integrate names for sale alongside available names. This shared system will be made available to all registrars that sell .com/.net/.org names and choose to participate in the program.

Try out the demo they have provided.

http://www.verisign-grs.com/namestore/retail_demo/index.htm

Check it out and tell me what you think.

To me, this plan looks good for the resale market and should benefit us all if Verisign doesn't screw it up by charging extra fees or requiring overpriced appraisals.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here's a list of registrars that will be participating in the program when it launches.

eNom WA USA www.enom.com
iHoldings d.b.a. dotregistrar FL USA www.dotregistrar.com
TierraNet d.b.a domaindiscover CA USA www.domaindiscover.com
CommuniGal Communication Israel www.galcomm.com
DomainZoo.com AZ US www.domainzoo.com/SMP/Default.htm
Dodora Unified Communications MA USA www.dodora.com
Web Commerce Communications Malaysia www.webnic.cc
Hangang Systems, Inc Korea www.doregi.com
123 Registration.com FL, USA www.123registration.com

If you have domains with these registrars you will be able to list your domains for sale across the NameStore participating registrars. Costs involved for domain sellers have not yet been announced.

•••
Think this is related to WLS?
I ask becuase conspicous (sp) for being absent GoDaddy and Dotster.

•••
Good observation. As far as I can tell this is separate from all things WLS-related, but it doesn't suprise me to see Doster and GoDaddy not supporting a Versign project.

•••
Re: Versign's New NameStore Program

Originally posted by -RJ-
Check it out and tell me what you think.

To me, this plan looks good for the resale market and should benefit us all if Verisign doesn't screw it up by charging extra fees or requiring overpriced appraisals.

You hit the nail on the head there, RJ!
The success of this rollout will require something fresh and innovative out of Verisign ... and as history has taught us, these don't necessarily go hand in hand over there. I wish them much success, however ... all ships rise with the tide.
See you.

•••
Hi cooolhost,

Are you angry?

•••
Originally posted by lotsofissues
Hi cooolhost,

Are you angry?

Hi Lots! :)
Nope, not at all ... all is good in my world. Good to see you.
Stay in touch.
B-)

•••
What was your last word?

I remember before Greg deleted me it was
So, what is your problem? (to that woohoo scumbag)

•••
Originally posted by lotsofissues
What was your last word?

Honestly, I have no idea what transpired Lots. I've yet to receive any explanation or even a courtesy reply to my multiple e-mails to their support. I'm in the dark.
However, this is a conversation for another time and place. You may either PM me or e-mail me directly if you wish to discuss.
I appreciate your professionalism.
Take care.

•••
Verisign could screw up a free meal

•••
Originally posted by doubledee999
Verisign could screw up a free meal

They sure would ... IF they could afford one!
LOL.
See you.

:lol:

•••
is this "namestore" the long promised program that used to be on the great domains website.

i guess they key question is will they require you to modify the whois to show them as proxy owners, so buyers can't simply deal direct.....unless the listing fees provide enough compensation for them.

page Howe

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back