IT.COM

discuss VDF.com 3L.com dropped

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
the name VDF.com was just dropped.

Searched “VDF.com” found sold May 30 2007 for an undisclosed amount. On NamePros!

Now that it’s dropped, with an intense bidding war $18,150 high bid. Here’s the original post;

i’m looking to move a couple of my three letter .com names.
VDF,com
Recently turned down an unsolicited email for $7k.
Taking offers over $7k

via Paypal or Escrow (buyer pays fees)

Thanks!

It was initially offered on Namepros for $7K+

VDF.net sold for $10K, in 2011 via afternic.

DomainGang.com reports
Está loca! Vodafone Spain let VDF.com, a 3 letter domain acronym registered in 1993, to expire and drop. This incredible feat of stupidity manifested after the domain changed hands in 2015, leaving the hands of a private seller to Vodafone, a telecom giant.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What really happened? It would be interesting to know why they let this expire

•••
What really happened? It would be interesting to know why they let this expire

I want to know how much sold for NP 2007...

guy said rejected 7k+ offers, so assume $7K+

Now that it’s dropped no reason, not to say...

Samer

Last edited:
•••
i’m not making fun of him or anything..

i probably would have took the $7k+ too.

would be cool to close a few holes.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
not to be morbid but whoever owned it before may have "passed"?

it's been known to happen. I have all my accounts passwords on hardcopy and flash drive in my safe just i case.

it's a real pain when some sites keep forcing you to change your passwords when you didn't even forget your passwords and it's just the website acting weird and tempermantal.

I know death is taboo subject for many.

Not many "plan" on dying. Unless you are Connor Mcleod of the Clan Mcleod. Better plan ahead.

Cue the Queen.

which is pretty stupid if you ask me. We all have "toe tags" with our names on them sitting in the drawer of some morgue somewhere.

So I say. Plan on dying lol. So something like this won't happen. That is if this is what actually happened.

edit: throw this one in too. lol

Last edited:
•••
not to be morbid but whoever owned it before may have "passed"?

it's been known to happen. I have all my accounts passwords on hardcopy and flash drive in my safe just i case.

it's a real pain when some sites keep forcing you to change your passwords when you didn't even forget your passwords and it's just the website acting weird and tempermantal.

I know death is taboo subject for many.

Not many "plan" on dying. Unless you are Connor Mcleod of the Clan Mcleod. Better plan ahead.

Cue the Queen.

which is pretty stupid if you ask me. We all have "toe tags" with our names on them sitting in the drawer of some morgue somewhere.

So I say. Plan on dying lol. So something like this won't happen. That is if this is what actually happened.

edit: throw this one in too. lol

Your assumption, despite how hard it is to admit, is the closest to the reason why domain dropped

•••
VDF! - crap only works in Swedish.

•••
Vdf.com fetched $21,001 USD

2020-02-09 at DropCatch

Last edited:
•••
vdf can be a good sell towards vodafone, if i was vodafone, i would have bought it :)

For those who does not know, Vodafone is a big telecommunication company in the EU, don't know if anywhere else as well, but still

EDIT: I just read that vodafone dropped it, stupid mistake

Last edited:
•••
Your assumption, despite how hard it is to admit, is the closest to the reason why domain dropped

woops. just saw the edit to OP.

so Vodafone Spain let this domain drop? disregard my earlier statement then. that's even more crazy!

•••
woops. just saw the edit to OP.

so Vodafone Spain let this domain drop? disregard my earlier statement then. that's even more crazy!

it’s morbid, & makes pple uncomfortable, but I agree with u. The guy in charge of vdf.com at Vodafone spain, probably passed. your theory should not be disregarded. anything’s possible.

Last edited:
•••
I tried to hand reg this one.. :)

•••
VDF has been registered again at NameBright.Com

Creation Date: 2020-02-06
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-02-06
Updated Date: 2020-02-10

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back