NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

1domain

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So how is the vape market doing in China ?
Hopefully you've done research. The value of the domain will depend a lot on your research and insight into the local market.

•••
I went to Hong Kong a while ago and have lived in Japan for 8 years. It seems like people smoke cigarettes like chimneys in Asia. There are even 0mg tar cigarettes (0.05~mg nicotine) now. Vape refills are "cheap" and even sold OTC, but people still prefer buying packs since it's so cheap. I can't speak for China per say, but the tobacco market isn't highly taxed (if at all?) like is in the states (a pack of Marb Reds cost $4.50 here, whereas it may be around $10). Vapes are priced higher than what you would get from cigarettes, so there is no incentive to buy.

From my experience over here, it's got a while to go-if it ever does. When I first arrived in 2006, you could smoke inside McDonald's. Smoking is like culture in Japan. I can somewhat say the same for Hong Kong as well; at least in the TST area, with butts lining the streets before the street cleaners come around.

I would say it's a drop to be honest. I don't see the focus changing over the next 5 years.

•••
As per my research I can say that China are one of the leading manufacturers, wholesalers and exporters of vape. If I do a Google search for vapes in China, I can see many online retail stores also. I assume these stores cater to local demand only.

Can't a exporter / wholesaler be the end user of this name? Thank you for the comments, I will appreciate more feedbacks.

•••
China also is the leading exporter of iPhones, but you see knockoff iPods/iPhones for sale in the local market. Just because they're the manufacturer, doesn't mean they're the main consumer.

The United States exports nearly 50% of the wheat produced. I don't see exports being a factor (though this is a bad analogy because we need food).

You do have a valid point on vapes.cn being a company that exports. However, the Chinese market favors odd LLLL's and NNNN's over traditional names. I don't think the term has been adapted there as of yet. Here they are called electronic cigarettes for instance.

•••
As per my research I can say that China are one of the leading manufacturers, wholesalers and exporters of vape. If I do a Google search for vapes in China, I can see many online retail stores also. I assume these stores cater to local demand only.

Can't a exporter / wholesaler be the end user of this name? Thank you for the comments, I will appreciate more feedbacks.

An exporter / wholesaler who is dealing with a global market most likely isn't going to choose a .cn...

Vaporizers.cn might have slight value, but not seeing any with Vapes. Sorry. If it was my domain, I'd contact the buyer of Vapes.co to see if they want it for low $xxx.

In this particular niche, try your best to stick to .com.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back