Dynadot

advice .us or .biz for project?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello please add your 2 cents and I will listen: I have a project B2B all of the main ext's and taken but .us and .biz are open. What to do? The site will offer bulk sales for a raw materials in a certain industry , sourcing from here in the U.S. but able to sell worldwide. Please reply if you have advice---

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personally, I would choose the .us

•••
Imo .US is better than .BIZ, and I'm dropping .US domains. :)

•••
.US

.biz will scream that you did not manage to get .com

.us for a us company even with worldwide sales does not send that message. Unless .com is with your direct competitor. Then you better look at another brand altogether.

•••
•••
Hello please add your 2 cents and I will listen: I have a project B2B all of the main ext's and taken but .us and .biz are open. What to do?

Add a word and get the .com.

If you have to stick with the name you have now, .us is better than .biz, but unlike other country codes it never caught on here and it's unfamiliar to most people.

•••
Neither .us nor .biz - I recommend .top - because it gives you what your mentioned TLDs can't give you:
The 'top status in making biz in us' haha

I am serious, forget those two and take your name with .top

•••
Neither .us nor .biz - I recommend .top - because it gives you what your mentioned TLDs can't give you:

I am serious, forget those two and take it with .top

Now that would be over the top...

•••
Now that would be over the top...
Absolutley no.
At least he would be 'top in making biz in us' with his domain for the first step.
But as we know, all can have a psychological effect.
People will see and read his domain and this will help because they will get the thought that he must be top in his business.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

I am serious, forget those two and take your name with .top
Lol, the .top registry should get you on their payroll. You promote the extension more than they do:)

•••
If your clients are international, I would lean towards .biz. I suspect .us will not show up as often on searches done outside the USA. It may also suggest that your company is strictly domestic.

Sure, .biz (and just about anything other than .com) may scream "couldn't get the .com" to some (especially domainers), but people buying raw materials for business use are not so swayed by branding of that sort. They generally don't care what tld a supplier is using. That sort of concern applies much more to consumer products.

•••
•••
As an American company wanting to do business overseas I would definitely choose .us. the credibility and trust factor alone makes it worth it. People all over the world value cctlds, It's common sense imo.

•••
I would lean toward .us, though as others have said, .com is still going to be the highest recommendation.

•••
Another factor for .us (that is actually limiting its popularity) that being at .us you provide some sort of verification that you are a US resident, if that is important for your transactions/communications.

•••
I would go with .us over .biz.

I actually like .biz for small businesses, e.g. babyphoto.biz or weddingphotos.biz, because they imply a friendly local entrepreneur to me.

I think .us would work better for a larger company in the U.S.

Too bad, .info isn't available. I really like that one, but that's just my bias.

I'm amazed that people have fallen in love with .xyz, .top, .zone, and all the other new extensions when classics like .biz, .info, and .us have been around for awhile and are just better sounding and more meaningful extensions when the .com isn't available.

Just my thoughts. Good luck with your purchase.

•••
I like .us and I hate .biz, so the answer is pretty clear to me.

•••
.us for me

Short letter or words
Iam very sure that they will be worth more than now in few years

•••
show your American pride man, .US

•••
Lol, the .top registry should get you on their payroll. You promote the extension more than they do:)

Haha thx for that - but if we look at their history / website, we can see they do a lot.

Back to the threads theme:
.top
is recommendet instead of .us or .biz because it's more universal / global in it's meaning / message than the two mentioned.

But if you really like to go with one of them I would choose .us in your case.

•••
Haha thx for that - but if we look at their history / website, we can see they do a lot.

Back to the threads theme:
.top
is recommendet instead of .us or .biz because it's more universal / global in it's meaning / message than the two mentioned.

But if you really like to go with one of them I would choose .us in your case.

This thread was not about .top, you made it about .top.

As for the original question, I would prefer .US over .BIZ. I think it is the more credible option.

Brad

•••
As for the original question, I would prefer .US over .BIZ. I think it is the more credible option.
Brad

I'm never sure what "credible option" means in real life (we're talking about names that if free cost either $8 or $5 to register) yet somehow .biz seems very mom&pop to me and .us seems at least somewhat professional at the skin deep level. I guess it's that subconscious level absorption of marketing that our brains are trained and for that reason, a truly international presence in B2B should be on a decent .com.

What is decent? No idea. I just know what I think it bad :)

•••
.US for sure. As I posted in another thread, to learn more about the .US (United States) extension visit http://www.about.us/benefits/

As for personal sales, I have never had a biz end user sale (cash or barter) greater than .US.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back