IT.COM

.us .US buyer hits $70k this months buys

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
so far this month the same buyer has bought over $70,000.00 in .US domains they are listed here keep in mind they are only "reported ones"

Foods.us 20k

Gourmetfoods.us 10,750.

Organicfoods.us 10,000.00
Wholefoods.us 10,000.00
Naturalfoods.us 3,002.00

Herb.us 2500.00
Protein.us 2500.00

Onion.us 1800.00
Giftbasket.us 1450.00

nuts.us 1250.
Shrinkwrap.us 775.00
tvp.us 775.00

4500.00 each fro 9k
2 new ones in next weeks www.dnjournal.US

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
looks llike he just closed thru sedo on foodbroker.com for only 3k he's paying alot higher for .US 2 words he also already owns foodbroker.US

•••
I think some of his domain money would be better spent on a more attractive design for his website.

•••
zouzas how do you know all this?

•••
It seems odd that you'd pay so much for a .us

The only real market that seems obvious to me is .com

•••
Shorty said:
zouzas how do you know all this?

i have a crystal ball :)

•••
There have been times when I was tempted to sell off FineJewelry.us, Westerns.us, and several other nice .us domains for a couple hundred bucks each, but I just need to have patience, I guess, and think of it as a wild card retirement plan for twenty years from now.

I do hope, however, this gourmet buff gets into the jewelry market, that would make my day!

•••
ralxz said:

I couldn't agree more!

•••
ralxz said:

Maybe that's because you like to buy high and then have trouble breaking even when new 2LD namespace like .US dilute the scarecity myth of .COM? :imho:

•••
ralxz said:

that's right keep trying to convince yourself of that :hehe:

•••
Does someone have a link to his website. I am curious to see what he is about.

Thanks

Kevin

•••
ralxz said:

Ever tried buying a similar .com?? Talk is cheap....!

•••
zouzas said:
that's right keep trying to convince yourself of that :hehe:

It's not about " convencing" zouzas! It's what's driving the current internet market! Maybe this will change in the future but not today, this month, next years or even 5 years from now?

When companies decide to lunch a product online, they consult with marketing pros, use consumer surveys, available data, consumer pattern online before they spent money on advertising campains.

For the .us to become wildly used among public and online consumers in the US, there is a need for a massive campain awarness and an ongoing advertising to shift the average consumer behavior and pattern.

Just my 2 cents! Thanks

•••
volvo has been airing adds all month most during larry king showing thier .US url

www.volvocars.us

DOC is planning huge promotion and directory just for .US see
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/usca/usamend0015_10122005.pdf

theirs been full page adds in forbes ,architechtual digest advertising just this month and past months

www.ABB.us
www.hitachi.us

music editor of The Source created huge publication

www.AmericaMAg.US
celebrities like penlope cruz and others launching it

i could keep going on and on but hopefully see theres life beyond .com

Last edited:
•••
zouzas said:
volvo has been airing adds all month most during larry king showing thier .US url

www.volvocars.us

DOC is planning huge promotion and directory just for .US see
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/usca/usamend0015_10122005.pdf

theirs been full page adds in forbes ,architechtual digest advertising just this month and past months

www.ABB.us
www.hitachi.us

music editor of The Source created huge publication

www.AmericaMAg.US
celebrities like penlope cruz and others launching it

i could keep going on and on but hopefully see theres life beyond .com

Hi zouzas, I am not disputing that some companies are using a dot ".us" but that's a very, very smal fraction of the current huge online market of ".com" The majority of American/US online companies are adopting ".com" over ".us"...Besides most of the companies you mentioned above, if not all of them, already own the dot com. As I mentioned earlier, most corporation will not spend million of dollars on advertising a .us while someone else owns a dot com, especially if it's a competitor.

Thanks

•••
wisconsin said:
As I mentioned earlier, most corporation will not spend million of dollars on advertising a .us while someone else owns a dot com, especially if it's a competitor.

I think they call it geotargeting, zou points out a good example in http://www.ikea.us

The world is too big to cramp everything into one simplistic notion .COM.

•••
Hi mole,

mole said:
I think they call it geotargeting, zou points out a good example in http://www.ikea.us
They already own ikea.com (that's my point... of view)

mole said:
The world is too big to cramp everything into one simplistic notion .COM.
I agree with you , mole! Also it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon!

Who, where, and which country's companies, corporations & individuals pay top dollars (7 figures) for a ".com" that any other countries worldwide?
I guess everyone of us knows the answer to this one!

Thanks

•••
wisconsin said:
Hi mole,

that is the point of mole the fact they own .com then why a seperate site at .US ,,,because of mole's point (targeting US audience) otherwise no need for a seperate site most large companies are doing this,,taregting local markets thru country codes ,,same with www.roche.us makers of birflu vaccine..........The ONLY way for targeting local markets is thru the use country codes and .US is no different.

and for 6 figure (reported) sales well it was a country code for the first few months of the year that was #1 and may end the year 5th chat.de shown on www.dnjournal.US

•••
The subtext of this thread is that for the business end-user the ccTLD is the alternative extension to stand alongside .com

•••
zouzas said:
wisconsin said:
Hi mole,

that is the point of mole the fact they own .com then why a seperate site at .US ,,,because of mole's point (targeting US audience) otherwise no need for a seperate site most large companies are doing this,,taregting local markets thru country codes ,,same with www.roche.us makers of birflu vaccine..........The ONLY way for targeting local markets is thru the use country codes and .US is no different.

and for 6 figure (reported) sales well it was a country code for the first few months of the year that was #1 and may end the year 5th chat.de shown on www.dnjournal.US

Hi,
Sorry zouzas and mole! I may have misundertood you!
I am not arguing that "some" global companies are seeking .us to target United States local market. I was more discussing "local" United States corporation and local "american" start-ups ventures who choose a .com over a .us to target US market. most american consumers go for the dot com when browsing online. It has just become a habit! This may change but not anytime soon!

kindly,

•••
most american consumers go for the dot com when browsing online. It has just become a habit! This may change but not anytime soon!
Very few things change overnight but *change* is the only given in life...so one way to look at the issue at hand is whether there's been any *change* since the public availability of .US in 2002....... not only in terms of total reg numbers and the number of websites and SE-indexed pages but also in regards to aftermarket sales/prices...if the answer is in Yes then .US is on the right track....sit tight!

When we see major candidates start using .US in their election campaigns the wait of .US well-wishers will be over...I say so since IMO there is stronger incentive for politicians to start embracing .US to tout their patriotic leanings than there is for major commercial entities.

Last edited:
•••
Binfus said:
Very few things change overnight but *change* is the only given in life...so one way to look at the issue at hand is whether there's been any *change* since the public availability of .US in 2002....... not only in terms of total reg numbers and the number of websites and SE-indexed pages but also in regards to aftermarket sales/prices...if the answer is in Yes then .US is on the right track....sit tight!

Next year we will see .EU coming to 25 countries in Europe, I wonder whether there will be a War Of The TLDs to see who is more rooted for what they truely stand for. :hehe:

Interesting times, indeed.

•••
I think this sale of .us domains will definitely help the .us market, but to tell you the truth, I think he overpaid on some of these domains. I realize that most of these domains are premium .us domains, but in general, I think he probably could have gotten them for a lot less. Anyways, it can only mean good things for domain owners with lots of good .us domains.

Tom

•••