URPage.com

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

Slabaugh.com 800-266-2728Top Member
Impact
1,351
http://www.urpage.com/idea.html

Not really a design review, rather an idea review... What do you think of this idea? Here people could sign up, put in their fav links that they use daily, and then they would have a special link that they would set to start page, and that would then display links to sites that they would normaly visit anyway, and then they could every day open a browser, and there is their page, and they click on the one link that they need, etc, and later when they want to go to a 2nd link, click the browser's home button, and click on a 2nd link.

With 1000's of people useing this service it could be a huge tool for advertising, and it would also be personalised, so more targeted ads could be shown.

Opinions please?
 
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Great idea, I would definately use it. Although the design is very scratchy. Consider getting a design that would fit this type of site?

Thanks,
Camron
 
0
•••
Site: UrPage.com

Up's
» the advertisement bar looks pretty good.


Down's
» fix your image, convert that into a page.
» don't advertise your site when its not yet finished.

----
Suggestions:
Put a link directory on your site. :P
Put more web resources like tutorials
You should have that ' idea ' that can make users on and off on your site.


Thank You,
- Janine
 
0
•••
JanineXD said:
Site: UrPage.com

Up's
» the advertisement bar looks pretty good.


Down's
» fix your image, convert that into a page.
» don't advertise your site when its not yet finished.

----
Suggestions:
Put a link directory on your site. :P
Put more web resources like tutorials
You should have that ' idea ' that can make users on and off on your site.


Thank You,
- Janine

Thanks, I basicly just used paint and drew my idea for the designer/programmer to look at to get the job done, but I wanted to see what people think...

The bar on top is a free bar that I got from some site, and I have it on a few of my sites now to cross-promote.

Not sure what you mean about that "' idea ' that can make users on and off on your site"

the link directory idea could be nice, I do however not want to clutter it up, I want the site to be personal, and add it as an option for the user is a good idea though. Like a page of hottest links maybe? And give them the option of putting it under their own links?
 
0
•••
The Bad
  • Very slow load.
  • No favicon.
  • AdvertiserBar?? also the images for that did not load.
  • Your layout looks like a bunch of images.
  • Your layout is too white.
  • Your layout has nothing to draw people too it.

The Good
  • Nice layout, colors needed though.
 
0
•••
Hey Mr. DELETED! :)

About a month ago I needed something like this for my coloring website for kids. I drew something like that too but I ended throwing it away. I'll save it cause that's something that I want for my coloring page.
 
0
•••
Why are you guys reviewing this site?

He is asking about how the page is layed, it's obviously not designed or made yet. Read his first post.

Looks like the web design review team doesn't know how to read. :(
 
0
•••
That is quite rude. We are here to review pages...and we can review idea at the same time. However this is not really the place to review ideas. It is a place to review designs...
 
0
•••
:hehe: these repleys are funny, I was not asking to review my paint drawing skills, it only toke me a few hours to draw that, but I was asking for a review of the concept/idea, do you guys think it could work? I mean it is so simple an idea, yet, it could be powerful for both advertisers and users alike. That is what I am asking abou, some input. If this is the wrong place for this, can a mod move it?
 
0
•••
I've noted PCWebAdvice that you are fairly rude in alot of the threads you post in.. IE the Polurnet one as well.. Perhaps a little kindness in the forums goes a long way?
 
0
•••
NightLinks said:
Hey Mr. DELETED! :)

About a month ago I needed something like this for my coloring website for kids. I drew something like that too but I ended throwing it away. I'll save it cause that's something that I want for my coloring page.
Leaving the copyright in place? lol
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Site review

Hi. First of all, the site is a good idea. It will help a lot of users store their daily sites. Second, the template is too white. You need to colour it. Third, you need to finish it's system and content.

Good luck with your site!

Overall Rating: 5/10 (Not finished)

If you liked my review and comments, you can add rep for me.

Regards. :)
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back